Stonekeep: How to use the homing rune?

Wayne O. Miller FFR

Dec 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/13/95
I have the homing rune that the dwarf elder gave
me for killing the undead warrior. The parchment said it
needs a previously inscribed point to work. How do I make
it work? I've tried using the rune on the path in front of
me, on my picture in the mirror, and on the open map page.
So far, I've not been translocated anywhere, nor do I see any
kind of new marker appear on the map indicating that I have
succesfully inscribed the "home" point. How the heck does this
rune work?!?

Wayne
mil...@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov

Richard Sensale

Dec 13, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/13/95
In article <4amvvl$p...@onramp.arc.nasa.gov>, mil...@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov says...
There is a seperate run which is used to set the marker. You need to find that one as well and use
it to set a point so you can translocate to that point at a future date. I havent used it yet myself.

Birgit Heyer

Dec 18, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/18/95
to Wayne O. Miller FFR
Wayne O. Miller FFR wrote:

> Hi,
> I have the homing rune that the dwarf elder gave
> me for killing the undead warrior. The parchment said it
> needs a previously inscribed point to work. How do I make
> it work? I've tried using the rune on the path in front of
> me, on my picture in the mirror, and on the open map page.
> So far, I've not been translocated anywhere, nor do I see any
> kind of new marker appear on the map indicating that I have
> succesfully inscribed the "home" point. How the heck does this
> rune work?!?
>
> Wayne
> mil...@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov

The homin rune will bring you to a marked point.
The mark is a blue circle. This is generated by using an other rune
( the writing to that rune sayed something like : This rune will
translocate together with homing rune.)

Both runes are usable on an empty square in front of you (bottom part of
window)

Hope thar helps

Birgit