MM7: killing dragons at level 3

Pope Jubal

Sep 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/9/99
Well, I just killed the dragon in the cave on Emerald Island and I have
to say that the practice that I got in running around and shooting
things was immensely valuable. Moreso even than the griffin bow with
11-15 points of electrical damage! Thank you to everyone who posted the
method of killing the Emerald Isle dragon. I used the same method to
kill Wormthrax the Heartless (the blue dragon in Tatalia) and was very
pleased with the items that I got.

For those of you that have not read how to kill the dragons I submit:

<I shall call him mini-spoiler>
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Solve the other quests in Emerald Isle to get to level 3 or 4 so that
you have a few extra hit points in case the dragon does happen to hit
you once. Visit the Day of the Gods pedestal (you should do this every
day at Emerald Isle). Heal up with the hit point well in front of hte
healer's tent. Drink from the fire resistance well and visit the fire
resistance. Cast Bless. Use a Wizard Eye scroll (don't cast the spell
yourself). Stand in front of the cave of the dragon and go into turn
based mode. Make sure that you are in "always run" mode. Save your
game and then enter the cave.

Now comes the fun part.

You start out standing in front of the dragon. I reccomend just running
around for a while to let the dragon kill all the rats. It is no fun at
all to get stopped because you ran into a live rat and end up getting
toasted by dragon breath.

Leave turn based mode and run in a circle around the dragon. Keep your
eyes on the wizard eye in the corner. The main screen is not going to
be much help for now. If you watch the dragon's red dot, little red
marks come flying out of the dragon. Try not to be hit by these. If
you are, don't worry too much. One will just take you down to red hit
points or knock you unconscious. It is the second hit that will kill
you.

In "always run" mode, each character gets to shoot once for every two
times that the dragon get to breathe fire. Just run around the dragon
and every second time you see a flash come from the dragon, turn and hit
the "a" key four times really fast. As long as you keep running around
in a circle, you will be fine. Just try not to get hung up on the bones
of the previous adventurers.

They didn't start out in turn based mode and had not started running
quickly enough after the cave loaded ;)

It took me three tries to kill the dragon without having most of my
party dead and even still, my cleric managed to get killed. It was all
work it though, because the gold I got from the dragon more tham paid to
have him brought back to life.

One more thing. Here and at other parts of the game, I have found that
wearing armor is more of a liability than a help. Since it will not
help much to begin with, I reccommend taking off all your armor so that
you can shoot faster.

--
Pope Jubal
-Posting with DejaNews because I can't get

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

K. Laisathit

Sep 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/9/99
In article <7r931h$tvh$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, Pope Jubal <ju...@pond.com> wrote:

>One more thing. Here and at other parts of the game, I have found that
>wearing armor is more of a liability than a help. Since it will not
>help much to begin with, I reccommend taking off all your armor so that
>you can shoot faster.

Now that's a tip I could have used. Never realized it when I tried
the red dragon. Could have been easier hadn't my guys been wearing
armor.

Later...