Baldur's Gate update!

T987654321

May 7, 2021, 12:35:22 PM5/7/21
The new 64 bit update to Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 is so surprising.

I hadn't played it for many years as previous versions just didn't work but the new one works flawlessly.

T987654321

Jun 12, 2021, 1:44:51 PM6/12/21
On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 9:35:22 AM UTC-7, T987654321 wrote:
> The new 64 bit update to Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 is so surprising.
>
> I hadn't played it for many years as previous versions just didn't work but the new one works flawlessly.

]Now played BG 1 & 2 with the update and they are still a blast to play and they run great.

Justisaur

Sep 22, 2021, 11:40:18 AM9/22/21
Just in case you come across this, this NG is mostly dead. Comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action is still active
and welcomes RPG talk.

I keep thinking of trying BG2 as so many has said it's so good, but I couldn't ever get through 1, it's the game
play that kills it for me. I love the party NPCs though, Boo, "Stop touching me!" etc.

- Justisaur

Ant

Sep 22, 2021, 11:03:25 PM9/22/21
What does 64-bit do? Does 64-bit OSes not able to play the original games?
--
Hot! So many leaks (liquid [need a plumber for my body too] & digital types), issues, false fire alarms, software updates, free game trials, etc. Also, BUSY & tired! :(
| |o o| |

Justisaur

Sep 23, 2021, 10:26:21 AM9/23/21
On Wednesday, September 22, 2021 at 8:03:25 PM UTC-7, Ant wrote:
> T987654321 <qwrt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Friday, May 7, 2021 at 9:35:22 AM UTC-7, T987654321 wrote:
> > > The new 64 bit update to Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 is so surprising.
> > >
> > > I hadn't played it for many years as previous versions just didn't work but the new one works flawlessly.
>
> ]Now played BG 1 & 2 with the update and they are still a blast to play and they run great.
> What does 64-bit do? Does 64-bit OSes not able to play the original games?

What I could find:

[BGE change to...] "...a 64-bit supported title, which helps improve compatibility with modern systems.
However, this comes with a small trade-off as 32-bit systems are no longer supported."

I don't know how 'small' I'd consider that, though I don't run any 32-bit systems. It wouldn't work on
older systems.

- Justisaur