Arena:the elder scrolls

Amy M Westphal-1

Feb 26, 1994, 12:48:15 AM2/26/94
I have been playing for about a week (10-12 hours game time)
and here are a few observations.

I like the game, but there are a few problems most of which have been
talked about already.

1. the mim. system would probably be slow even on min. detail. (386/25,
2meg) I am running a 486dx40 on about 1/4 detail and things are smooth.

2. The buttons can be frustrating, can take several trys to activate
buttons.

3. Long distance fireballs tend to lock up my system.

4. (my Biggest Gripe) you can be at the end of a long hall with your back
against the wall, then when you move forward you get attacked from behind
when a monster appears from nowhere. I guess I would like a little more
realism??, something like this should happen with the undead but not
lizard men and minators.

5. Pointing to stuff on the screen sucks. you have to manuver around
objects to examine them, very frustrating

on the positive side:

1. I like the story. There are two levels to play at, the grand quest to
save the emperor and/or all the sub quests/choices that have nothing to do
with the grand quest. As the manual states(yes i have the manual, and
this is as good a point as any to point out that yes the copy I have is
legal. One of the perks of where I work) "aal we did is give the computer
all the parameters of the land...the rest is up to you"

2. Even on min. detail the would looks pretty good, and there is a
variety of terain.( neat bridges).

3. The spell effects, etc. are all really good (levitation is cool)

4. the basic commands equip, look, etc can be handled quickly and
efficiently.

5. excelent automap feature. finally a company who understands.

in closing, it reminds me of Legends of Valour only executed much better.

this is not my account, but any replys will probably get to me sooner or
later.

Rex