Lands of Lore annoyances [any solutions?]

Russell Webb

Aug 2, 1993, 9:15:08 PM8/2/93
I have played LOL for only a few hours, but two things have jumped
out at me so far as bad interface warts.

1. I like to use the 'floating cursor' mode of moving around--I'm
more accustomed to the UW I/II style of pointing and moving. I never
played EOB I/II. This seems to totally prohibit picking up certain
items on the ground, with the party moving backwards even when the cursor
isn't a motion icon just from trying repeatedly to pick up an item.
I find myself spinning around an object trying to pick it up in order
to avoid going into the disk/game options/floating cursor off/pick up/disk/
game/options/floating cursor on routine. Is there a hotkey to turn
floating cursor on/off? Am I missing some element of object pickup or
manipulation?

2. The annoying copy protection routine is buggy! After adventuring
successfully for a full hour (without having saved) I end up entering
'character', pg 6, line 1, word 1, three times unsuccessfully and
get dumped out of the game. Has anyone else experienced this?

Well, this seems like a load of bitchy comments, but the otherwise the
game seems well-done with impressive graphics and portraits. The
moody atmosphere, walking in a disheveled castle and suddenly hearing
the scuffle of footsteps on stone around the corner is quite atmospheric.
I'm not far enough into the game to adequately judge the storyline.
The documentation is a little sparse--just a gameplay manual (20p.)
and a bit of background (20p.) I would have appreciated at least a
rough map of the general area or lands themselves.

-Russell Webb
rw...@panix.com

MICHAEL JULIAN DANEMAN

Aug 2, 1993, 9:56:52 PM8/2/93
In article <23ke6s$p...@panix.com> rw...@panix.com (Russell Webb) writes:

>I have played LOL for only a few hours, but two things have jumped
>out at me so far as bad interface warts.

I was just wondering how this game compares to Ultima Underworld I/II.
(I havn't played UWII but UWI is my all time favorite game). So I'd like
to know how LOL compares in graphics, playability, storyline, interface, etc.
and if there are any major differences between the two games.

-Mike.

Monica Johnson

Feb 11, 2024, 4:46:49 AMFeb 11
✅🔴▶️▶ Really Amazing ️You Can Try This ◀️◀️🔴✅
🔴ALL>Movies✅ 📺 📱 💻 ✅ALL>Movies🔴
✅▶️▶️ CLICK HERE Full HD✅720p✅1080p✅4K✅

WATCH ✅💻📺📱👉https://co.fastmovies.org

ᗪOᗯᑎᒪOᗩᗪ ✅📺📱💻👉https://co.fastmovies.org