Google Gruppi non supporta più i nuovi post o le nuove iscrizioni Usenet. I contenuti storici continuano a essere visibili.

BG2: Jaheira never got called away.. ? (Spoilers)

79 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

Mike Pollmann

da leggere,
9 ott 2000, 03:00:0009/10/00
Minor Chapter 2/3 spoilers...

.

.

.

I think I ran into a bug in the game, but I can't be certain. From
reading some other threads, it sounds like Jaheira is supposed to get
called away for a Harper mission at some point during Chapter 2 or 3.
This never happened in my game. I'm wondering if I ran into a bug of
some sorts, or if it just doesn't always happen? I never did go into the
Harper building. (The only way I saw to do it was by getting Xzar's
key).

Also, is this related to the romance plotline? The last thing that
happened to Jaheira (and it was a long time ago) was her being held
hostage by bandits.

Incidentally, I ran into a "trigger" bug in Chapter 4, where after I had
killed some stuff, someone should have started talking to further the
story. This never happened. When I reloaded and did the same thing, all
was well. (Referring to events soon after arriving in Chapter 4).

- Mike

Mike Pollmann

da leggere,
9 ott 2000, 03:00:0009/10/00
In article <MPG.144b9832b...@news.telocity.com>,
mpol...@NOtelocity.SPAMcom says...

> Minor Chapter 2/3 spoilers...
>

> .
>

> .
>

> .

I just did some experimenting (went back a few saves), and it turns out
that the Harper related stuff never happens if you didn't accept Xzar's
quest. I took his quest, freed Montaron, and right after the quest
completed Jahiera got called away. I suspect this is what was wrong with
the romance plot line in my game as well. It would be silly if they
hinged the progression of the love interest plot on whether or not you
did a side quest, but it seems like that is the case.

- Mike

Kevin Grey

da leggere,
9 ott 2000, 03:00:0009/10/00

"Mike Pollmann" <mpol...@NOtelocity.SPAMcom> wrote in message

Mine seemed to be contingent on the bandit encounter. She got called away
immediately after it. Another friend of mine had it happen at that same
time too. We both did the Xzar quest but much earlier in the game.

Kevin

Fomar

da leggere,
9 ott 2000, 03:00:0009/10/00
Mike Pollmann <mpol...@NOtelocity.SPAMcom> wrote in message

> I just did some experimenting (went back a few saves), and it turns out
> that the Harper related stuff never happens if you didn't accept Xzar's
> quest. I took his quest, freed Montaron, and right after the quest
> completed Jahiera got called away. I suspect this is what was wrong with
> the romance plot line in my game as well. It would be silly if they
> hinged the progression of the love interest plot on whether or not you
> did a side quest, but it seems like that is the case.

Man I really hope that is not the case about the romance being hindered. I
didn't take the Xzars quest simply _because_ Jaheria is a Harper. Why would
I break into their building?? But Jaheria has not tried to get my attention
for a while now :( Hopefully I can go back and do the quest after I am free
of the Underdark but don't know...

Fomar

> - Mike

Kevin Grey

da leggere,
9 ott 2000, 03:00:0009/10/00
"Fomar" <fomar@no_one_home.com> wrote in message
The Xzar quest is a good quest with a surprising resolution. Its not even
"evil" and Jaheira has some interesting insights into the local Harpers. I
highly recommend doing it.

Kevin

DCheesi

da leggere,
9 ott 2000, 23:21:3709/10/00
In article <omoE5.71919$j6.80...@news1.rdc1.va.home.com>,

True, the Xzar/Harper quest is worth doing. However, I still think it's
screwed up that in order to win Jaheira's love, you must first agree to
act _against_ the Harpers, when you know full well that Jaheira is one
herself. Nevermind that the outcome is much more complicated; as far as
your character knows, he is betraying the people Jaheira associates
with.

(BTW, My "ladies' man" character avoided this quest for exactly this
reason; it's a good thing he preferred Aerie anyway...)

DCheesi

--
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always boom
tomorrow. -Ivanova, B5

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

0 nuovi messaggi