Announcing LINUX AIR COMBAT

rjb...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2016, 7:14:16 PM3/22/16
I am very pleased to announce the upcoming release of my new free, open-source flight simulator for LINUX, which I am calling "LINUX AIR COMBAT".

At present is supports just five aircraft:

* P38L Lightning
* P51D Mustang
* A6M2 Zero
* B17G Flying Fortress
* Experimental Jet (similar to an F16)

Network code is still brand new and rather primitive, but it does support two-player air racing or air-to-air combat on an IP LAN or Internet.

I'm cleaning up the beta test source code (currently at version 1.96) and I've published a preview with details and several video clips here:

http://askmisterwizard.com/FlightSimMovies/LAC/LacIntroFullPage.htm

I hope some of you find this interesting!

:)

rjb...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2017, 8:32:36 AM10/31/17
I've continued to update "Linux Air Combat". As of this writing on 31Oct2017, the current version is 5.09, and it now models 28 aircraft from World War II and supports online, multiplayer missions with as many as ten simultaneous players in outrageous, bold combat. The flight models and graphics compare favorably with the best commercial flight sims from the classic heyday of the genre, from about 12 years ago. The clean source code compiles easily on any of the popular desktop versions of LINUX, and any Intel-based PC built since about 2007 should be able to run it with acceptable frame rates because of the clean, simple graphics and very efficient network code. Here's the link:

http://askmisterwizard.com/FlightSimMovies/LAC/LacIntroFullPage.htm

Frankie Kam

Nov 13, 2017, 11:55:17 AM11/13/17
Thanks for sharing!