F-15 on 3/25?

Yatsu

Mar 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/22/98

The Babbages and Software Etc. around here are both giving 3/25 as the date
for F-15, instead of 3/27. Anyone else hearing the same?

David Liu

Mar 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/22/98

That's the shipping date from Origin to Stores and it usually take at least
2 days to ship them.

So 3/27 sound right to me!

Andy Hollis

Mar 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/22/98

Yatsu <*ya...@nospam.geocities.com"> wrote in article
<01bd5556$7e275fe0$8d0f...@gibbsjoh.user.msu.edu>...

> The Babbages and Software Etc. around here are both giving 3/25 as the
date
> for F-15, instead of 3/27. Anyone else hearing the same?

Ship-out for US is 3/24. That usually gets it in stores by 3/27. EB and
SE are probably paying for overnight delivery.

--Andy

CtxNighthawk

Mar 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/22/98

I almost went for the overnight delivery but at $16+ and no guarantee that
it would make it overnight I opted for UPS ground.

Just curious Andy, why is overnight so expensive at EA?

--
<CTX> Nighthawk

Rename nospam to com to reply

-I'am not a real Fighter Pilot, but I play one on PC.-

Yatsu

Mar 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/22/98

Andy was not talking about customers ordering overnight, but he meant that
EB and Software ETC are probably paying for overnight shipping from EA's
warehouses so that they can get the game earlier and put the game on their
shelves sooner.
At least that's my interpretation.

CtxNighthawk <woo...@teleport.nospam> wrote in article
<6f3o3i$2uv$1...@news1.teleport.com>...

Andy Hollis

Mar 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/23/98

Yatsu <*ya...@nospam.geocities.com"> wrote in article

<01bd55d0$3b762940$8d0f...@gibbsjoh.user.msu.edu>...

> Andy was not talking about customers ordering overnight, but he meant
that
> EB and Software ETC are probably paying for overnight shipping from EA's
> warehouses so that they can get the game earlier and put the game on
their
> shelves sooner.
> At least that's my interpretation.

Actually, both. Retailers as you describe. Direct purchasers can also
pay for overnight.

--Andy