Gilman Louie W.S.J

Darren

Apr 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/3/00
Guys,

Article about Gilman Louie's new company in today's
Wall Street Journal.

Pretty interesting.

Darren

Michael Veldman

Apr 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/4/00
For us non U.S. readers, how about a bit of an extract?

Does the new company do anything with computer games
or flight sims?

Michael

Darren <darren@-getouttahere-.pasta.org> wrote in message

Kevin Hill

Apr 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/4/00
I am kinda mixed about Gilman. He is responsible for falcon - but he also
released the some pretty buggy code to the unsuspecting public. let's just
say that I'll be very wary of purchasing anything put out by Chopstick.....

--
Kevin Hill
Vice President

"Michael Veldman" <mik...@bigpond.com> wrote in message

Message has been deleted

nobr...@unleesrjed.clampet

Apr 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/4/00
On Tue, 04 Apr 2000 06:15:38 GMT, "Kevin Hill" <kh...@cts.com> wrote:

>I am kinda mixed about Gilman. He is responsible for falcon - but he also
>released the some pretty buggy code to the unsuspecting public. let's just
>say that I'll be very wary of purchasing anything put out by Chopstick.....

Since I didn 't pick up yesterday's WSJ , I missed the article about
Gilman . However , going on what almost everyone in this group
previously heard about Gilman , and , HIS , " , Company " , haha ,
( pardon the faux paux , for all familiar with Clancy novels or
specials on the History channel ) , post MPS , I guess he is trying
to acclimate to being a wanna be SPOOK entrepreneurial agent that
actually MAKES cash , if he formed a NEW company .

I wonder , WTF happened ? He couldn 't work MPS/F4 stolen shit into
anything anyone , either our allies or the , " Company " , would
want without iBeta code resuscitation ? : P

Man I guess the backlash against Flightsims , us , and our hobby is
bigger then we thought !!! Well at the very least Gilman could have
put the code for X-Com Interceptor on the block if need be , as .
stolen clandestine/ covert op secured Area 51 reverse engineering .

Sorry for being pissed , but in terms of my opinion about loyalty and
... err shit like that ( lets make this short , no ? ) , Gilman ,
although he was a dude I defended vehemently , now has , unless I
hear otherwise , sadly , the same respect I give a Coney Island White
Fish , used ... of course , that I flush to it's final resting place .

Joe

Bard

Apr 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/4/00
AFAIK gilman was involved late in the f4 project - like when it needed
fixing ?

--
Bard
http://www3.telus.net/bard/1VVFSC

"Kevin Hill" <kh...@cts.com> wrote in message

> I am kinda mixed about Gilman. He is responsible for falcon - but he also
> released the some pretty buggy code to the unsuspecting public. let's
just
> say that I'll be very wary of purchasing anything put out by
Chopstick.....

Message has been deleted

DL

Apr 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM4/6/00
I seem to recall reading an interview article in which Gilman said he was
away doing an exec MBA program at Harvard during the early development of
F4.

Upon his return, he realised/discovered that the apparently inexperienced
development team had got into trouble with the code. It seems the stark
choices facing him was either to restart from scratch, can the project or
rework major parts of the code.

Alex Pavloff <IHAT...@pavloff.netSPAM> wrote in message

> On Tue, 4 Apr 2000 07:12:42 -0700, "Bard"
> <ba...@pissoffspam.planetfortress.com> wrote:
>
> >AFAIK gilman was involved late in the f4 project - like when it needed
> >fixing ?
>

> Gilman was the guy behind the scenes from the beginning. He, AFAIK,
> took more direct control late in the game.
>
> Sorta like Richard Garriot.
>
> Wow. So the moral of the story is: "If you have a game thats in
> severe trouble, don't bother having the executive producer step down
> from his job, just kill the project."
>

> --
> Alex Pavloff - alex at pavloff dot net
> Thank you fly through