Blade Runner - Highly Confused

Brian Poff

Nov 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/23/97

I am very confused by this game right now. I am at the very beginning
and I can't seem to do anything else.

*** Early game spoiler below ***

I have gotten the two pictures, used the ESPER to get a good image of one
of the killers, gotten a picture of the car, and a picture of the menu.
I have talked to the owner of the animal shop (and now he's gone). The
two guys at the Chinatown restaurant have nothing more to say. I've
given the voight-kampf (sp?) to the guy in the jail, uploaded/downloaded
to the mainframe, talked to the lab guy and there just isn't anything
else to do right now.

If I go to the police training course, it's empty. What do I do in this
thing? I stand around forever in each of the locations and nothing
happens. I can't shoot at anything either.

There are only 4 locations: police, animal murder site, chinatown,
apartment. Nobody has anything else to say to me, I've reviewed all of
the clues in the KIA, and I can't find anything else in the pictures.

What am I missing???

-- Brian

Richard N. Scalan

Nov 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/23/97

[This followup was posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure and a copy
was sent to the cited author.]

In article <MPG.ee159f94...@news.atl.bellsouth.net>,
bp...@bellsouth.net says...

Matthew Denny

Nov 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/23/97

If you go in the back of the restaurant in chinatown, you can talk to the
big guy again, and he will promptly throw a pot of stew at you and run
away. That should get you back on track. BTW, how did you get the two
pictures, the picture of the car, and the picture of the menu? Any help
would be appreciated.

TIA,
Matt Denny

Brian Poff <bp...@bellsouth.net> wrote in article
<MPG.ee159f94...@news.atl.bellsouth.net>...

Brian Poff

Nov 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/23/97

In article <MPG.ee190788...@news.texas.net>,
nospam...@texas.net says...

> was sent to the cited author.]

Unfortunately, you are both wrong. The guy behind the restaurant doesn't
say anything to me. McCoy just says, "Stick around. I might want to
talk to you later." If I go to bed (by clicking on the bed), McCoy just
says something about "... for the sleep deprived", the screen fades out,
and he emerges from the bathroom. I've slept like 10 times and nothing
ever happens.

I'm missing something else...

-- Brian

Brian Poff

Nov 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/23/97

In article <01bcf7d7$a6e05400$98674ac7@dennyman>, mat...@nwu.edu says...

**** Spoiler below ****

I got the pictures from talking to the guy who owns the animal store.
Then, you use the Esper to magnify them and McCoy asks for a hard copy.

-- Brian

David Thompson

Nov 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/23/97

For reasons unknown, you must interview the cop outside the animal murder
crime scene several times (and not all at once) to get the clue about the
black sedan revealed, before Zuben will get testy...Have the cop outside the
animal murder 'canvas the area' several times. There are also at least two
crime scene clue hotspots in this outside area.

Matthew Denny

Nov 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/23/97

Brian Poff <bp...@bellsouth.net> wrote in article

<MPG.ee1fa2b7...@news.atl.bellsouth.net>...

> Unfortunately, you are both wrong. The guy behind the restaurant doesn't

> say anything to me. McCoy just says, "Stick around. I might want to
> talk to you later." If I go to bed (by clicking on the bed), McCoy just
> says something about "... for the sleep deprived", the screen fades out,
> and he emerges from the bathroom. I've slept like 10 times and nothing
> ever happens.
>

> I'm missing something else...
>
> -- Brian

You have to go into the kitchen of the restaurant, which is to the left of
the sushi bar. There, you will find the chef who will spill soup on you
when you talk to him.

hope this helps,
Matt

Sir Chivar

Nov 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/23/97

**** Spoiler below ****

Brian Poff wrote in message ...

>In article <01bcf7d7$a6e05400$98674ac7@dennyman>, mat...@nwu.edu says...

>> how did you get the two
>> pictures, the picture of the car, and the picture of the menu?
>>

>> Brian Poff <bp...@bellsouth.net> wrote in article

>> <MPG.ee159f94...@news.atl.bellsouth.net>...

>I got the pictures from talking to the guy who owns the animal store.
>Then, you use the Esper to magnify them and McCoy asks for a hard copy.

If you Esper the picture facing out of the animal store, highlight only the
back of the car without any door frame or Clovis. If you do it in a certain
way, it will rotate the camera angle and you get a full view of the car.
Try it a few times.

If you Esper the picture facing into the animal store, highlight the top of
the chair in the back of the room. You will find the menu. I'm not sure it
is really necessary to further the game, because if you don't find it,
Crystal will find it and/or the chopstick from the sushi bar.

Brian Poff

Nov 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/23/97

In article <01bcf83e$c436ae70$98674ac7@dennyman>, mat...@nwu.edu says...

> Brian Poff <bp...@bellsouth.net> wrote in article

I KNOW I have to talk to the guy in the kitchen. In my message, I said
that he didn't say anything to me other than "Get out of here." or
something to that effect. He never spills soup or anything else on me.
He just stands there like a dumbass and McCoy just tells him to "stick
around".

Yes, I mean the guy in the kitchen with the big cauldron of soup...

-- Brian

Martin Lafreniere

Nov 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/23/97
to Brian Poff

Hi!

What I did is that the first time I saw the chef, MCCoy told him to
stick around, after that, I went to talk again to the shushi guy at the
restaurent (the owner of the place) and I went again to see the chef and
this time, he did what the other guy said in the other news... The key
is to talk to the owner of the sushi restaurent after talking to the
chef...

Hope it help you..

Martin

Darren Austin

Nov 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/24/97

Brian wrote:

>I am very confused by this game right now. I am at the very beginning
>and I can't seem to do anything else.
>
>*** Early game spoiler below ***
>
>I have gotten the two pictures, used the ESPER to get a good image of one
>of the killers, gotten a picture of the car, and a picture of the menu.
>I have talked to the owner of the animal shop (and now he's gone). The
>two guys at the Chinatown restaurant have nothing more to say. I've
>given the voight-kampf (sp?) to the guy in the jail, uploaded/downloaded
>to the mainframe, talked to the lab guy and there just isn't anything
>else to do right now.
>

>If I go to the police training course, it's empty. What do I do in this
>thing? I stand around forever in each of the locations and nothing
>happens. I can't shoot at anything either.
>
>There are only 4 locations: police, animal murder site, chinatown,
>apartment. Nobody has anything else to say to me, I've reviewed all of
>the clues in the KIA, and I can't find anything else in the pictures.
>
>What am I missing???

If you are, I am missing it too. I have slept several times and
visited the four locations available to me several times. I have
looked at all of my evidence and can find nothing new to do. I have
beaten Steele in the training course only to have her beat my new
score the next day. I have tried talking to everyone available, but
keep getting the same conversations.

Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks!
--Darren

Bob Lionel

Nov 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/24/97

OK Guys...i think this is a bug, because this is the EXACT same situation
I'm in. Here is what I've done so see if you can find fault in it:

Landed in the spinner at animal murder scene..found Chrome on the
ground...checked out damaged fire hydrant. Went inside...questioned the
owner...asked him for reference letter and he gave it to me but it does
NOTHING..you cant check out Ogelvies or whoever. Got the Disk from the
camera...found the chopstick, candy and toy dog. Went to Esper..got picture
of the killers, and their old car...saw the menu. Left and went to China
town. Talked to Howie at the sushi place...went back to the chef..he tells
me to get out and then asked him a questin or 2 till he tells me to
leave...now all that happens upon questioning him is I tell him to "stick
around" I try talking to the owner and all I say is "seeya round, Howie" I
went back to Police station talked to the Lab uploaded to mainframe and then
went thru the training course...I sucked at it. Then I went down and
interviewed the CARS guy and VK'd him. that is ALL I can do...there is
nothing else to do anywhere else in ANY of the other 4 locations.I have
slept and it just fades out then i'm back exactly the way i was before. I
just got through revisiting all 4 locations and nothing has changed...I
think I'm going to ditch this one if I can get my money back...i didnt want
Kings Quest with a Bladerunner theme.
MadBob

Ed Blakely

Nov 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/24/97

On Sun, 23 Nov 1997 13:35:13 GMT, bp...@bellsouth.net (Brian Poff)
wrote:

>> was sent to the cited author.]
>>

>Unfortunately, you are both wrong. The guy behind the restaurant doesn't
>say anything to me. McCoy just says, "Stick around. I might want to
>talk to you later." If I go to bed (by clicking on the bed), McCoy just
>says something about "... for the sleep deprived", the screen fades out,
>and he emerges from the bathroom. I've slept like 10 times and nothing
>ever happens.
>
>I'm missing something else...
>
>-- Brian

I had the same problem the second time I played. So I began a third.
I think when you initially arrive at the animal murder sceen you need
to talk to the witnesses and the cop until you get no more out of
them. For some reason I was then able to get the guy making the foul
stew to throw it at me.

Ed

World Wide Pants

Nov 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/24/97

"Bob Lionel" <NOSPAM...@gte.net> wrote:

you need to esper the animal photographs more carefully. in one of
them you will find a picture of lucy. THIS PICTURE OF LUCY IS WHAT YOU
NEED TO SHOW THE CHEF, and countless other people throughout the game.

Viet Shelton

Nov 24, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/24/97

David Thompson wrote:

> For reasons unknown, you must interview the cop outside the animal murder
> crime scene several times (and not all at once) to get the clue about the
> black sedan revealed, before Zuben will get testy...Have the cop outside the
> animal murder 'canvas the area' several times. There are also at least two
> crime scene clue hotspots in this outside area.
>
> Brian Poff wrote in message ...
> >
> >I'm missing something else...
> >
> >-- Brian

You guys are right, but as to why "reasons unknown," think about it.
How the heck do you know to VK Zuben if you don't have a description of
the guy hanging with Lucy?
-Viet

Brandon Fisher

Nov 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/25/97

Bob Lionel wrote in message <65b3ua$i9r$1...@gte1.gte.net>...

>OK Guys...i think this is a bug, because this is the EXACT same situation
>I'm in. Here is what I've done so see if you can find fault in it:
>
>Landed in the spinner at animal murder scene..found Chrome on the
>ground...checked out damaged fire hydrant. Went inside...questioned the
>owner...asked him for reference letter and he gave it to me but it does
>NOTHING..you cant check out Ogelvies or whoever. Got the Disk from the
>camera...found the chopstick, candy and toy dog. Went to Esper..got picture
>of the killers, and their old car...saw the menu. Left and went to China
>town. Talked to Howie at the sushi place...went back to the chef..he tells
>me to get out and then asked him a questin or 2 till he tells me to
>leave...now all that happens upon questioning him is I tell him to "stick
>around" I try talking to the owner and all I say is "seeya round, Howie" I
>went back to Police station talked to the Lab uploaded to mainframe and
then
>went thru the training course...I sucked at it. Then I went down and
>interviewed the CARS guy and VK'd him. that is ALL I can do...there is
>nothing else to do anywhere else in ANY of the other 4 locations.I have
>slept and it just fades out then i'm back exactly the way i was before. I
>just got through revisiting all 4 locations and nothing has changed...I
>think I'm going to ditch this one if I can get my money back...i didnt want
>Kings Quest with a Bladerunner theme.
>MadBob

Jeez. Try playing with the Esper for a couple minutes longer and it might
save you the trip. You're only missing a picture of the purple haired girl
from the photo of the animal shop.

Thierry Scooter Nguyen

Nov 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/25/97

On Mon, 24 Nov 1997 21:24:24 GMT, pa...@DONTSPAMME.mail.cybernex.net
(World Wide Pants) wrote:

>you need to esper the animal photographs more carefully. in one of
>them you will find a picture of lucy. THIS PICTURE OF LUCY IS WHAT YOU
>NEED TO SHOW THE CHEF, and countless other people throughout the game.

Actually, I shot the chef without getting the Lucy picture. Hell, I
didn't find the Lucy pic until Act 3...

Thierry "Scooter" Nguyen,
CG-ROM Assistant/Labrat for CGW
My opinions are MINE, not CGW's! (After all, I'm just a peon)
"The Angel of Death is so beautiful, that upon seeing it, you fall
in love so hard, so fast, that you soul is pulled out through your eyes." -Neil Gaiman

RASPUTINXS

Nov 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/25/97

I had the same problem the second time I played. So I began a third.
I think when you initially arrive at the animal murder sceen you need
to talk to the witnesses and the cop until you get no more out of
them. For some reason I was then able to get the guy making the foul
stew to throw it at me.

When the cop talks to the witness', they mention talk of Lucy hanging with a
fat china man. This triggers you to ask him this question at which point he
goes after you.

Ras

RASPUTINXS

Nov 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/25/97

You need the cop at Raincitters to interview the crowd. Notice when you put an
arrow on them it turns green? Click and later on, when you come out of
Raincitters, click on the cop and he should tell you that a fat chinese man was
seen hanging around the place. This causes you to ask him about this (at
Howies), at which point he gets pissed and than...

I'm not a big adventure fan at all. But I love Bladerunner and finished in ten
days. I got stuck several times and found out that half the time it was from
not doing simple things like mentioned above. When they said go to each scene
and don't be in a rush to leave, take your time, they weren't kiddin'. Move
that arrow all over the screen and investigate. It can be sensitive sometimes.

RAsputin

Bob Lionel

Nov 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/25/97

I've gotten past that hurdle after restarting a 3rd time. I'm on act 3 now,
but I never did find a picture of Lucy in the Animal murder pics....You guys
must be on a differnt plotline because it simply doesnt exist in mine..I've
espered every sector of the pic and there is NADA...

RASPUTINXS wrote in message
<19971125051...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

David Thompson

Nov 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/25/97

Bob Lionel wrote in message <65dv3s$1j4$1...@gte2.gte.net>...

>I'm on act 3 now, but I never did find a picture of Lucy in the Animal
murder
> pics....You guys must be on a differnt plotline because it simply doesnt
exist in mine..I've
>espered every sector of the pic and there is NADA...

The pic in question is not the Runciter pic showing the murder suspect and
the car, it's the first one, which I scanned several times as you did before
I noticed Lucy near-totaly obscured by the tiger cage near the center of
view. She is standing in profile, and since she is so slim...

On the other hand, I've seen other posts describing changing embeds in the
moonbus picture, if I read the posts correctly.

Ob_pixel: The extreme on-screen pixellation bemoaned by some is present in
real time character animation close-ups only, probably occurring less than
10-20 percent of the time. The remaining 80+ % of the time the graphics are
as flawless as the gameplay. It truly is an immersive, 3d real time
adventure, and the excessive pixellation seen now and then in no way
diminishes the overall acheivement for me.

Sir Chivar

Nov 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/25/97

I still haven't seen Lucy's picture in the Animal shop photos and I finished
one possible end to the game! Where in the photos is she?

Thierry "Scooter" Nguyen wrote in message
<347b38f9...@news.mindspring.com>...

Sir Chivar

Nov 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/25/97

Bob Lionel wrote in message <65b3ua$i9r$1...@gte1.gte.net>...
>OK Guys...i think this is a bug, because this is the EXACT same situation
>I'm in. Here is what I've done so see if you can find fault in it:
>
>Landed in the spinner at animal murder scene..found Chrome on the
>ground...checked out damaged fire hydrant. Went inside...questioned the
>owner...asked him for reference letter and he gave it to me but it does
>NOTHING..you cant check out Ogelvies or whoever. Got the Disk from the
>camera...found the chopstick, candy and toy dog. Went to Esper..got picture
>of the killers, and their old car...saw the menu. Left and went to China
>town. Talked to Howie at the sushi place...went back to the chef..he tells
>me to get out and then asked him a questin or 2 till he tells me to
>leave...now all that happens upon questioning him is I tell him to "stick
>around" I try talking to the owner and all I say is "seeya round, Howie" I
>went back to Police station talked to the Lab uploaded to mainframe and
then
>went thru the training course...I sucked at it. Then I went down and
>interviewed the CARS guy and VK'd him. that is ALL I can do...there is
>nothing else to do anywhere else in ANY of the other 4 locations.I have
>slept and it just fades out then i'm back exactly the way i was before. I
>just got through revisiting all 4 locations and nothing has changed...I
>think I'm going to ditch this one if I can get my money back...i didnt want
>Kings Quest with a Bladerunner theme.
>MadBob

I think you are missing talking with Izo. In my game that I finished, Izo
is outside of his shop south of the bar. If you make him angry, he will get
fed up and try to escape. He takes a flash picture of you and runs away
leaving the camera and another picture. In my games so far, Crystal Steele
has always killed him (if he doesn't kill me first), but when I get back to
the spinner car, I realize that the other DNA designers on DNA row might
know something. Baada-Bing... you can now get to DNA ROW and more clues!

Thierry Scooter Nguyen

Nov 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/26/97

On Tue, 25 Nov 1997 22:48:28 -0700, "Sir Chivar" <chi...@no-spam.com>
wrote:

>I still haven't seen Lucy's picture in the Animal shop photos and I finished
>one possible end to the game! Where in the photos is she?

Take the other shot of Runciter's place (not the one where you see
Clovis and Zuben), and mess around with the tiger cage. Remember how
she was standing next to a cage when she was tlaking to Runciter
before Clovis came in? She's kinda obscured by the bars (damn if I
ever knew a gal that thin, <G>), but you shold be able to get her
face...

Jan Rameken

Nov 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/26/97

In article <347A15...@ix.netcom.com>, satu...@ix.netcom.com says...

Still, this seems like the only place in the game where you can get
irreversably stuck. Dont canvas the area, and go around the city, you will
never get those interview clues that will help you get Zuben under suspicion.
Because if you return to Rinciter's later, there will be no officer or people
to interview. Any other places in the game where you can get totally stuck?

Jan

David Thompson

Nov 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/26/97

Jan Rameken wrote in message ...

>Still, this seems like the only place in the game where you can get
>irreversably stuck. Dont canvas the area, and go around the city, you will
>never get those interview clues that will help you get Zuben under
suspicion.
>Because if you return to Rinciter's later, there will be no officer or
people
>to interview. Any other places in the game where you can get totally stuck?
>
>Jan

From the number of "I'm stuck in the first four locations" posts, it appears
that getting Zuben to act seems to be mandatory. I don't think anyone will
claim to have ended Act 1 without this happening. Confronting Zuben to the
extent that he acts rashly must be the root of the game's decision tree.
Another useful thing which I'm trying to determine is the first decision
point in the game where the basic plotlines diverge. For now, I'll simply
ask, "Has anyone killed Zuben in the kitchen or alley just outside the
kitchen?"

Leo Sutedja

Nov 26, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/26/97

In article <65hni2$8fi$1...@newshost.cyberramp.net>, "David Thompson"
<davi...@SPAMSUCKS.cyberramp.net> wrote:

>From the number of "I'm stuck in the first four locations" posts, it appears
>that getting Zuben to act seems to be mandatory. I don't think anyone will
>claim to have ended Act 1 without this happening. Confronting Zuben to the
>extent that he acts rashly must be the root of the game's decision tree.
>Another useful thing which I'm trying to determine is the first decision
>point in the game where the basic plotlines diverge. For now, I'll simply
>ask, "Has anyone killed Zuben in the kitchen or alley just outside the
>kitchen?"

I've managed to avoid the soup (jumping to right), and by doing that you can
confront Zuben in the Yukon hotel backroom (the dead end) instead of him
visiting McCoy's apartment.

some questions\comments I have :

1). saw guzza and steele in the animoid row walking around, whats the
significance ?

2). tempered with the VK machine (lowered the calibration) and turns out hes a
Rep. Killed him in the shop. anyone did this ? whats the consequences ?

3). outscored Steele in the training room (got 70 pts), later in the game I
check back and her score went up to 72 (!) .. whats the max score, does it
really increase your accuracy shooting reps, affects your relation to steele,
etc..

4). anyone managed to shoot Izo ? I've got the 2nd ammo from Bob, and 70 pts
(as opposed to standard 0 pts) in the training but still cant hit Izo (crystal
hit him just near the right edge of the screen).
I've also noted that you can put mccoy between steele and Izo - that way
she cant shoot izo ...

any comments\answers appreciated !

-Leo
an...@mailbag.com

Sir Chivar

Nov 27, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/27/97

Jan Rameken wrote in message ...
>In article <347A15...@ix.netcom.com>, satu...@ix.netcom.com says...
>>

>>David Thompson wrote:
>>>
>>> For reasons unknown, you must interview the cop outside the animal
murder
>>> crime scene several times (and not all at once) to get the clue about
the
>>> black sedan revealed, before Zuben will get testy...

I don't think it is so unknown. Apparently Zuben has hidden the liscense
plate in the dumpster that you find after he spills the soup. More likely
it is the other comment about Lucy hanging around with a fat guy that
triggers McCoy's suspicions which triggers the VK question.

>>>Have the cop outside the
>>> animal murder 'canvas the area' several times. There are also at least
two
>>> crime scene clue hotspots in this outside area.
>>

>>You guys are right, but as to why "reasons unknown," think about it.
>>How the heck do you know to VK Zuben if you don't have a description of
>>the guy hanging with Lucy?

Runciter tells you that he is sure Lucy was involved with the animal
murders. The other guy besides Clovis who committed those murders is a fat
man.

>Still, this seems like the only place in the game where you can get
>irreversably stuck. Dont canvas the area, and go around the city, you will
>never get those interview clues that will help you get Zuben under
suspicion.
>Because if you return to Rinciter's later, there will be no officer or
people
>to interview. Any other places in the game where you can get totally stuck?

I think the game is designed so you don't get totally stuck if you examine
all of your evidence, but I could be wrong.

Did you get the picture of Lucy from the first Runciter crime scene photo?
She is behind the bars on the left side of the tiger cage. I was able to
provoke Zuben by showing him the photo of Lucy. Has anyone been able to
provoke Zuben successfully without having the cop canvas the area?

Mark Stevens

Nov 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM11/29/97

On 25 Nov 1997 05:08:48 GMT, raspu...@aol.com (RASPUTINXS) wrote:

>When the cop talks to the witness', they mention talk of Lucy hanging with a
>fat china man. This triggers you to ask him this question at which point he
>goes after you.

Yeah, this is the way to trigger the stew incident. The problem is,
you have to click on the witnesses and then the cop about four times.
The first time, you'll get a statement about the thirty animal
murders. The second time, the cop will say, "Zippo!" The third time,
the cop will say, "Zippo!" At this point, most seasoned adventurers
will give up, assuming there's no more conversation to be had, and
move onto something else. Do it a fourth time, however, then the cop
mentions that a witness saw the girl running off with a fat China man.

A very sloppy piece of programming that, if you ask me. Still, all in
all it's a pretty decent game (although Final Fantasy VII's still
getting most of my attention).

George Sibley

Dec 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/1/97

I totally agree with your last statement. Blade Runner is an incredible
game. I saw it in a magazine only a couple of weeks ago, I when I saw it
in the store I bought it more out of curiousity than anything else. It's
about the best game I've bought for my computer yet!
--
George Sibley.
Email : George...@ns.sympatico.ca

Glen Beestone

Dec 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/3/97

>provoke Zuben by showing him the photo of Lucy. Has anyone been able to
>provoke Zuben successfully without having the cop canvas the area?

Yes I have. If you talk to Howie about the chopstick packet or the
photo of howie lee's menu from the runciter disc, the chef will get
jumpy and head for thew back. He will then spill the soup when you
question him. If you interview the guy in the red suit first the chef
dosen't act as jumpy and won't spill the soup on you.

Anyone know what the consequences of killing the Vagrant and not
telling Guzza are ?

Glen

breeze

Dec 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/4/97

Did you find the shell's on the floor in the animalshop ?
They are near the door
Breeze

Brian Poff wrote:

> In article <MPG.ee190788...@news.texas.net>,
> nospam...@texas.net says...
> >
> > was sent to the cited author.]
> >

> Unfortunately, you are both wrong. The guy behind the restaurant
> doesn't
> say anything to me. McCoy just says, "Stick around. I might want to
> talk to you later." If I go to bed (by clicking on the bed), McCoy
> just

> says something about "... for the sleep deprived", the screen fades
> out,

> and he emerges from the bathroom. I've slept like 10 times and
> nothing
> ever happens.

stephen j messer

Dec 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/4/97

In article <347c8eee...@news.demon.co.uk>,
ma...@sonance.demon.co.uk (Mark Stevens) wrote:

>On 25 Nov 1997 05:08:48 GMT, raspu...@aol.com (RASPUTINXS) wrote:
>
>>When the cop talks to the witness', they mention talk of Lucy hanging with
>>fat china man. This triggers you to ask him this question at which point
he
>>goes after you.
>
>Yeah, this is the way to trigger the stew incident. The problem is,
>you have to click on the witnesses and then the cop about four times.
>The first time, you'll get a statement about the thirty animal
>murders. The second time, the cop will say, "Zippo!" The third time,
>the cop will say, "Zippo!" At this point, most seasoned adventurers
>will give up, assuming there's no more conversation to be had, and
>move onto something else. Do it a fourth time, however, then the cop
>mentions that a witness saw the girl running off with a fat China man.

It didn't happen that way for me. I think you have to give the cop a little
time to canvas the crowd before you start clicking on him. I asked him
to canvas, then went and questioned Runciter before returning to click the
cop.

Probably you clicked on him repeatedly without giving him time to canvas.

Richard Geraghty

Dec 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/12/97

How do you get the big chef in chinatown to run away or throw the soup? When
I try to have a conversation all I get is 'stick around I may have further
questions'

I have analysed the 2 photos and got the face, sushi menu as well as the
bullet casings and have done all the conversations possible.
I talked to the guy in the cells and got the clues for the other case - I
cannot find anything else to do!

Help!

Jouni Karhu

Dec 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/12/97

"Richard Geraghty" <rich...@indigo.ie> wrote:

Got the face of Lucy? Then went to see the chef and asked him about
it?
Let's see -- get everything off Runciter, analyse the photos, getting
Lucy's face from the first one and whatshisface rep's from the second
one, along with the plate of the car. Go see Zuben right away from
Runciter's btw -- then go and analyse the photos and come back. Should
work now.

'I have something to say! | 'The Immoral Immortal' \o JJ Karhu
It is better to burn out, | -=========================OxxxxxxxxxxxO
than to fade away!' | kur...@modeemi.cs.tut.fi /o

James

Dec 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/13/97

Ok
At the Chinatown restaurant you have to follow the big chef into the back
room (the room is located just to the left of center screen). You will have
a bit of a talk to the big guy, when he will run off. He gets away but don't
worry he will be waiting for you on the roof of your apartment. After this

Darren Austin wrote in message <3478c9e3.60264722@nntp>...
>Brian wrote:
>

>>I am very confused by this game right now. I am at the very beginning
>>and I can't seem to do anything else.

theaudubonso...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2019, 11:18:51 AM3/13/19
who's still reading this in 2019

rms

Mar 17, 2019, 2:22:53 PM3/17/19
>who's still reading this in 2019

I played Blade Runner last year, great game :)

rms

Arian

Jul 30, 2019, 9:37:35 AM7/30/19
I've been able to read but not send to this group for quite a while.
Testing a different news server.

Arian

Jul 30, 2019, 9:47:20 AM7/30/19
Good heavens, it worked! Well, hello, rms and anyone else who still
posts / reads. :)

Arian (also known here many years ago as Penguin)

rms

Aug 1, 2019, 1:31:21 PM8/1/19
>Good heavens, it worked! Well, hello, rms and anyone else who still posts /
>reads. :)

Yay! Yes I and others still check in, would be nice to see some people's
game reviews or title suggestions! I'll do one myself when the mood hits
me, Being summertime I'm outside more & reading/movie-watching more. My
last point-and-click adventure game was last year. I'll paste my
mini-review here for the lols:

"I needed a simple pallete-cleanser, and Kathy Rain fit the bill perfectly.
Basically a scaled-down and simplified Gabriel Knight story, with a female
protagonist, is a quick summary. The voice-acting is a highlight, being
handled by a dev from the Wadjet Eye Blackwell adventure series; decent
writing with a central mystery that kept my interest throughout, (the last
20% teetered but didn't go completely off the rails); and puzzles that were
simple enough for me.
I won't call Kathy Rain a gem in the genre, but I guess I felt like pointing
out that point-&-click adventure games are a soothing and engaging
alternative to the repetitive constant-action titles that most here are
playing"

rms

js (cyber_fear)

Dec 6, 2022, 5:42:42 AM12/6/22