Escape from Monkey Island: Monkey Combat Sucks!

Marc Buhmann

May 27, 2001, 10:45:47 PM5/27/01
Okay. I have been stuck on this damn Monkey Combat thing for three days now
and am completely sick of it. I even looked at walkthrus the see what needed
to be figured out to defeat the monkeys and it still hasn't worked. I'm
tired of it. I hate it. I'm disappoint that LucasArts would put such a
stupid puzzle in an ADVENTURE GAME. Can anyone help me out and just send me
a saved game right after JoJo has been defeated? E-mail directly if you like
at mbuh...@covad.net. I'd appreciate it.

Powell*

May 28, 2001, 7:48:33 AM5/28/01

Make a table man, it's not that hard if you just pay attention. I though
this would be a hard one as well, but I took a pen and paper and finished it
in (really) 25 min. Could be faster but I thought it was fun to complete my
whole table of Monkey Language...

"Marc Buhmann" <mbuh...@covad.net> wrote in message

Barbswheel

May 28, 2001, 9:10:45 AM5/28/01
Sorry,
Can't help you with your problem but I've just started The Secret of Monkey
Island.
I can't find out how to drug the dogs outside the Governor's Mansion.
Can you help?
Please?

Marc Buhmann

May 28, 2001, 9:47:21 AM5/28/01
I tried the table thing and still can't figure it out.

"Powell*" <pow...@skateboard.com> wrote in message

Robert Norton

May 28, 2001, 3:18:35 PM5/28/01
barbs...@aol.com (Barbswheel) wrote in
<20010528091045...@ng-ca1.aol.com>:

>> I can't find out how to drug the dogs outside the Governor's Mansion.
> Can you help?

We have the hints for it...
www/uhs-hints.com

Simon Reid

May 28, 2001, 4:46:12 PM5/28/01
On comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.adventure, "Marc Buhmann" <mbuh...@covad.net>
wrotd:

It is annoying...but it isn't that hard really. I got frustrated to begin
with but using a pen and paper it's quite easy. It's helpful to know that
each of the insults works in the reverse and saying the same thing three
times maintains your position. Just work out the insults from watching the
monkeys who fight you in the jungle and write down what position beats what
other position.
Simon Reid
mailto:simon...@mail.com
ICQ#:5791282
"I listen to boy band music before I have to fire someone."
- Dave Grohl

Jenny100

May 28, 2001, 5:09:58 PM5/28/01
"Marc Buhmann" <mbuh...@covad.net> wrote in message

The trouble with just sending you a saved game after beating Jojo
is that you'll need the table later to beat LeChuck.

MaryJ

May 28, 2001, 11:15:07 PM5/28/01

> I tried the table thing and still can't figure it out.

Marc: Its not that long since I finished EFMI and it took me a long time to
understand the Monkey Kombat part. I had about 3 walkthroughs and a lot of
help from a couple of people on this NG. Some people think it was easy, but
not everybody would think it was easy. I didn't. I just couldn't get the
concept at all. I finally did, but it took a while.

Try this URL. It is a walkthrough and has a more detailed description of
Monkey Kombat than most other hint sites do .

http://www.canofworms.com/GAME/mi4/#MONKEY KOMBAT

You are quite close to the end of the game, so its worth it to persevere.

Good luck.

MaryJ

rick cameron

May 28, 2001, 11:47:46 PM5/28/01
Let me second that suggestion. I really like the hints at uhs-hints - you
can usually get the little nudge that helps you solve a puzzle, rather than
just read the solution, as in most walkthroughs. Wish they had hints for
Exile!

- rick

"Robert Norton" <r...@execpc.com> wrote in message

Robert Norton

May 29, 2001, 9:21:09 PM5/29/01
"rick cameron" <rick.c...@telus.net> wrote in
<CZEQ6.6328$US6.2...@news0.telusplanet.net>:

>Let me second that suggestion. I really like the hints at uhs-hints -
>you can usually get the little nudge that helps you solve a puzzle,
>rather than just read the solution, as in most walkthroughs. Wish they
>had hints for Exile!

Hi Rick,
If you have finished the game, maybe you'd like to write a hint set?
http://www.uhs-hints.com/writing/
We always need more good authors.

Moonbuzz

May 31, 2001, 1:25:18 PM5/31/01
The theory concerning the global conspiracy against mankind has been
enforced by "Jenny100" <Jenn...@nospam.com>, and thus:

>The trouble with just sending you a saved game after beating Jojo
>is that you'll need the table later to beat LeChuck.

No... you... don't...
without giving anything, actual knowledge of Monkey Kombat is not
really needed to win the end battle...

All principles of gravity are negated by fear - Cartoon laws of physics

In space, nobody can hear your non-alphabetic symbols.
Our wines leave you nothing to hope for (Misunderstandhabilationist)

Jenny100

May 31, 2001, 2:15:43 PM5/31/01
"Moonbuzz" <moon...@zombieworld.com> wrote in message

> The theory concerning the global conspiracy against mankind has been
> enforced by "Jenny100" <Jenn...@nospam.com>, and thus:
> >
> >The trouble with just sending you a saved game after beating Jojo
> >is that you'll need the table later to beat LeChuck.
>
> No... you... don't...
> without giving anything, actual knowledge of Monkey Kombat is not
> really needed to win the end battle...

You mean by pressing the same key 3 times in a row to
copy your last move you'll eventually end up copying LeChuck's
move 3 times? Not very efficient, but I suppose it could work.

Moonbuzz

Jun 5, 2001, 1:54:01 AM6/5/01
The theory concerning the global conspiracy against mankind has been
enforced by "Jenny100" <Jenn...@nospam.com>, and thus:

>You mean by pressing the same key 3 times in a row to
>copy your last move you'll eventually end up copying LeChuck's
>move 3 times? Not very efficient, but I suppose it could work.

that's the solution to the final combat.
you mean you actually defeated LeChuck?
the way they dealt with the combat it was obvious that it wasn't what
you need to do, and I never heard of anyone who actually did it. the
health bananas regenerated like hell.

Jenny100

Jun 5, 2001, 11:18:28 AM6/5/01

> The theory concerning the global conspiracy against mankind has been
> enforced by "Jenny100" <Jenn...@nospam.com>, and thus:

> >You mean by pressing the same key 3 times in a row to
> >copy your last move you'll eventually end up copying LeChuck's
> >move 3 times? Not very efficient, but I suppose it could work.
> >

> that's the solution to the final combat.
> you mean you actually defeated LeChuck?
> the way they dealt with the combat it was obvious that it wasn't what
> you need to do, and I never heard of anyone who actually did it. the
> health bananas regenerated like hell.

I wonder if there's some special Easter egg waiting for whoever can
actually defeat LeChuck with their lightning speed memory and
reflexes. I don't think I could ever memorize all those moves, but
some people have unique abilities so there may be someone out
there who could do it.

trymhel

Jun 5, 2001, 12:40:48 PM6/5/01

"Jenny100" <Jenn...@nospam.com> wrote in message

Isn't there some kind of cheat to stop LeChucks bananas from regenerating?

Moonbuzz

Jun 13, 2001, 9:16:07 PM6/13/01
The theory concerning the global conspiracy against mankind has been
enforced by "Jenny100" <Jenn...@nospam.com>, and thus:

>"Moonbuzz" <moon...@zombieworld.com> wrote in message
>> The theory concerning the global conspiracy against mankind has been
>> enforced by "Jenny100" <Jenn...@nospam.com>, and thus:

>> >You mean by pressing the same key 3 times in a row to
>> >copy your last move you'll eventually end up copying LeChuck's
>> >move 3 times? Not very efficient, but I suppose it could work.

>I wonder if there's some special Easter egg waiting for whoever can

>actually defeat LeChuck with their lightning speed memory and
>reflexes. I don't think I could ever memorize all those moves, but
>some people have unique abilities so there may be someone out
>there who could do it.

You'll be amazed.
http://www.soulcalibur.com/souls/sopthrow.html
http://www.soulcalibur.com/souls/sopmoves.html
http://www.soulcalibur.com/souls/sop8wr.html

And these are moves for one character out of 18.

All principles of gravity are negated by fear - Cartoon laws of physics

Have you set your life in order? You will go to meet them now - Destiny of an Emperor

fata...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2020, 9:41:41 PM4/21/20
BB Defeats GG,AA
CC Defeats BB,DM