AMBER - the wimmers

BARGO

Mar 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/31/97

hello,

I was wondering....does anyone know how I can contact (e-mail)
the creators of AMBER ? (Susan & Frank Wimmer I presume) so
I can personnaly congratulate them for making a game that
gave a new meaning to the word "atmosphear".
There are many games out there that can learn a lot of this one...
I had a hard time finding it (here in Belgium) but it was worth it...

-Bargo

-----------------------------------
Bart.Go...@ping.be

Wimmerf

Apr 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/1/97

Hi Bart,

>>>I was wondering....does anyone know how I can contact (e-mail)
the creators of AMBER ? (Susan & Frank Wimmer I presume) so
I can personnaly congratulate them for making a game that
gave a new meaning to the word "atmosphear". <<<

Here I am! Gee Bart, thanks a lot for the kind words. We really
appreciate it. AMBER was a labor of love for Susan and me -- it means a
lot to us to hear that you enjoyed it.

>>>I had a hard time finding it (here in Belgium) but it was worth
it...<<<

Don't feel left out, it's difficult to find AMBER in the U.S. as well.
The computer game market is so crowded here right now, I sometimes suspect
there are more games than there are players. We're just glad to hear that
some folks, like you, have been so persistent and make the effort to
locate AMBER.

Also, thanks a lot for taking the time to track us down. If you have any
other questions or comments about AMBER, please don't hesitate to e-mail
me directly.

Best Wishes,
Frank Wimmer (wim...@aol.com)
Hue Forest Entertainment

Jerry Levy

Apr 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/1/97

On 31 Mar 1997 22:30:39 GMT, "BARGO" <bart.go...@ping.be> wrote:

>hello,

>I was wondering....does anyone know how I can contact (e-mail)
>the creators of AMBER ? (Susan & Frank Wimmer I presume) so
>I can personnaly congratulate them for making a game that
>gave a new meaning to the word "atmosphear".

>There are many games out there that can learn a lot of this one...

>I had a hard time finding it (here in Belgium) but it was worth it...

They're on AOL, and have posted to this group. DejaNews should give
you their address if you do a search on Amber, or who knows, maybe
they will post it to you themselves!

--Jerry

She saw the red tongue that was a tongue of flame,
and had been told that men must not look into a
dragon's eyes...

Tom Pancoast

Apr 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/1/97

"BARGO" <bart.go...@ping.be> wrote:

>I was wondering....does anyone know how I can contact (e-mail)
>the creators of AMBER ? (Susan & Frank Wimmer I presume) so
>I can personnaly congratulate them for making a game that
>gave a new meaning to the word "atmosphear".
>There are many games out there that can learn a lot of this one...
>I had a hard time finding it (here in Belgium) but it was worth it...

I saved an old message from Frank. (For when I eventually buy they game, I
want to remember where to get it from)

His e-mail is fwi...@earthlink.net. Hopefully it has not changed since then.

tpan...@pobox.com (Tom Pancoast)
Remove "KaKa." from the address to reply
"An object at rest cannot be stopped!"

Stuart Southerland

Apr 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/1/97

Frank Wimmer:

I think that I was one of the early Amber players. I got one of the
Macworld editions from last year-I loved the game. I was very disturbed
to fail to see the game anywhere once it was released for the Mac.

I was *shocked*, however, to not see the game on sale for the PC. Unlike
the PC, I think that Mac users are used to not seeing titles in stores and
they know about mail order. What about PC sales? Are they good? Good
enough to get you two to do a sequel? I hope so!

If you are doing a sequel, when do you think that it will be released?

--
stus...@ionet.net

Suewimmer

Apr 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/3/97

>I was *shocked*, however, to not see the game on sale for the PC. Unlike
the PC, I think that Mac users are used to not seeing titles in stores and
they know about mail order. What about PC sales? Are they good? Good
enough to get you two to do a sequel? I hope so!<

Actually, we are out for PC. For those who follow this newsgroup, it has
been a real *pain* getting shelf space. Luckily, you can now find us at
CompUSA and Computer City, among others. Also luckily, CompUSA has sold
twice as many as estimated, so if these keeps up, we may get to that
sequel yet!

Thanks for the encouragement: Frank and I hate the idea of bagging the
sequel, 'specially since we've got the plot swirling around in our devious
minds...

Susan

livesay....@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2019, 11:49:04 AM11/19/19
HI, i'm not sure if this is being checked anymore, but i have always loved Amber, i still play it to this day. i would love to see this on Android, i think it is a perfect game for it movement wise and such. i really hope this can be done.

jennaw...@gmail.com

May 16, 2020, 2:04:34 AM5/16/20
On Monday, March 31, 1997 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, BARGO wrote:
> hello,
>
> I was wondering....does anyone know how I can contact (e-mail)
> the creators of AMBER ? (Susan & Frank Wimmer I presume) so
> I can personnaly congratulate them for making a game that
> gave a new meaning to the word "atmosphear".
> There are many games out there that can learn a lot of this one...
> I had a hard time finding it (here in Belgium) but it was worth it...
>

> -Bargo

> Bart.Go...@ping.be

WHAT MOM GOES TO BARS AND MAKES EVERY EXCUSE NOT TO BE WITH THEY CHILD