Alone in the Dark 2

Alice Dalm-Ha Yu

May 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/2/95
Can anyone tell me how to pick the amulet up? I tried to take it, but I
can't reach it! Thanks in advance!

Trina Borras

May 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/2/95
In article <3o5r9k$7...@interchg.ubc.ca>

ad...@unixg.ubc.ca (Alice Dalm-Ha Yu) writes:

>Can anyone tell me how to pick the amulet up? I tried to take it, but I
>can't reach it! Thanks in advance!

******PARTIAL SPOILER COMING*******

Hi, Alice,

I'd be willing to bet you have unfinished business on the second floor.
Specifically, you need to penetrate that suite (the one with the double
doors, across from Neptune) next to the kitchen and clean it out. (You
must get a certain item there to be able to complete the section following
your having picked up the amulet, which is why the game has blocked your
progress, which I think is pretty decent of it, don't you?)

Keen vision (and I mean that literally -- I think this was the first
thing in the game I had a problem with due either to poor graphics or
incipient blindness) as well as (*very* loosely speaking) a modicum
of culinary skill are assets in accomplishing the above.

Don't hesitate to ask if you need more hints. Good luck,

-- Trina

Trina Borras, Wash., D.C.
(tr...@ibrdvm1.worldbank.org)

TheLambdaTeam

Oct 24, 2022, 2:02:14 PM10/24/22
This is UNIMAGINABLY bad game design. The game just doesn't let you pass, because you didn't visit a non-critical area in the house,

Here's the deal: you need to use the poisoned wine near the double-doors at the kitchen entrance in the foyer. You must put it on the ground there, because the game is terrible enough not to include an "Use" selection which'd give you a hint. In that room, there is a jukebox, where you can use two tokens (they don't do anything except open a storage room with a bulletproof vest, a loading clip and a jammed Tommy-Gun which is garbage). Also it's possible to backtrack from the attic to the house thru the chimney, so this "I can't reach it" bullsht was clearly designed to piss the players off.