Help with Day Of The Tentacle - Mouse Toy ? <spoiler>

victor debaie

Jul 31, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/31/95
Sim Soon Suan Melvyn (engp...@leonis.nus.sg) wrote:
: I apologise firstly if this question has been asked many times before.

: <WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW>

: I know that I need the mouse toy up in the twins' bedrooms but the damn
: cat is playing with it (so that I can lure the cat at the motel entrance
: top in the future). I've tried bathing the cat with the soapy water,
: dissecting it with a scalpel and even read a physics book to it but the
: cat refuses to budge ! I guess it's probably hungry but I can't seem to
: pick up any food (past, present and future).

: Does anybody know to do it ?

Why don't you try somthing that squeaks (you are getting sleepy, very sleepy>

: I have already obtained the diamond for Bernard and powered up the
: generator for Hoagie but I can't make head or tail with some of the items
: eg. Recyclatron and the monitor with the 3 holes in the future, the mouse
: hole and leftover food in one room in the present, the barrel in the room
: where the twins are carving.

: Could someone please drop me a hint in the possible right direction ?

: Regards
: CH 8-)

: PS: Kindly please post a followup if possible because I'm using my friend's
: a/c.

: Thanx in advance.

: ---------------------------------------------------
: "Did George Washington really have WOODEN teeth ?"
: ---------------------------------------------------

--
" VICTIMS, AREN'T WE ALL"

" MOTHER IS THE NAME FOR GOD ON THE LIPS AND IN THE HEARTS OF CHILDREN"

" LITTLE THINGS MEANT SO MUCH TO SHELLY, I USE TO THINK THEY WERE TRIVYAL,
BELIEVE ME NOTHINGS TRIVYAL"

" SUDDENLY I HEARD A RAPPING, AS OF SOMEONE GENTLY TAPPING, TAPPING ON MY
CHAMBER DOOR. YOU DID HEAR ME TAPPING DIDN'T YOU..."

BRANDON LEE (aka ERIC DRAVEN) - THE CROW

VICTOR DEBAIE
af...@cfn.cs.dal.ca
NOVA SCOTIA
CANADA

Sim Soon Suan Melvyn

Mark Chan

Jul 31, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/31/95
Sim Soon Suan Melvyn (engp...@leonis.nus.sg) wrote:

: I know that I need the mouse toy up in the twins' bedrooms but the damn

: cat is playing with it (so that I can lure the cat at the motel entrance
: top in the future). I've tried bathing the cat with the soapy water,
: dissecting it with a scalpel and even read a physics book to it but the
: cat refuses to budge ! I guess it's probably hungry but I can't seem to
: pick up any food (past, present and future).

: Does anybody know to do it ?

The cat digs squeaky things. Such as... oh... old squeaky mattresses...

-mARK

--
* I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until *
* the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of *

Chris Bahnuk

Aug 1, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/1/95
Sim Soon Suan Melvyn (engp...@leonis.nus.sg) wrote:
: I apologise firstly if this question has been asked many times before.

: <WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW>

: I know that I need the mouse toy up in the twins' bedrooms but the damn

: cat is playing with it (so that I can lure the cat at the motel entrance
: top in the future). I've tried bathing the cat with the soapy water,
: dissecting it with a scalpel and even read a physics book to it but the
: cat refuses to budge ! I guess it's probably hungry but I can't seem to
: pick up any food (past, present and future).

: Does anybody know to do it ?

(SPOILER)

Use the squeaky bed to lure away the cat
If the bed's not far enough, move it!

Rainer Michael Schmid

Aug 1, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/1/95
Sim Soon Suan Melvyn (engp...@leonis.nus.sg) wrote:
: I apologise firstly if this question has been asked many times before.

Doesn't matter. I think this group is for people who have NOW a problem.

: I know that I need the mouse toy up in the twins' bedrooms but the damn
: cat is playing with it (so that I can lure the cat at the motel entrance
: top in the future). I've tried bathing the cat with the soapy water,
: dissecting it with a scalpel and even read a physics book to it but the
: cat refuses to budge ! I guess it's probably hungry but I can't seem to
: pick up any food (past, present and future).

: Does anybody know to do it ?

Yeah: me!!!

Try to use the bed near the cat. You see that it makes a squeeking sound
which the cat likes...
But you have not enough time to get the toy...
Try to use the bed near the window...
It won't make an interesting sound for the cat...

(hope this are enough hints...)

: I have already obtained the diamond for Bernard and powered up the

: generator for Hoagie but I can't make head or tail with some of the items
: eg. Recyclatron and the monitor with the 3 holes in the future, the mouse
: hole and leftover food in one room in the present, the barrel in the room
: where the twins are carving.

BTW: You don't need all items in a LA adventure game...

RaMSch

--
Program-testing can be used very effectively to show the presence of bugs;
but never to show their absence. (Dijkstra)

e-mail: ram...@cscip.uni-sb.de WWW: http://fsinfo.cs.uni-sb.de/~ramsch

Sim Soon Suan Melvyn

Aug 3, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/3/95
I would like to thank all the wonderful people on the net for all the
info ! A big thank you to you all !

Special thanks to Mark, Chris, Victor and Andrew for their great hints !

Gotta 'luv you !

Regards
CH 8-)
PS: Laverne looks very attractive to me ! How many girls do you
know that can walk like that ?

humzah...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2017, 9:37:23 PM11/18/17
Thanks! 22 years later, first time playing tried moving it didn't understand had to drag curosor to other bed. Thanks !

gudba...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2020, 7:26:17 PM3/26/20
El sábado, 18 de noviembre de 2017, 23:37:23 (UTC-3), humzah...@gmail.com escribió:
> Thanks! 22 years later, first time playing tried moving it didn't understand had to drag curosor to other bed. Thanks !

holy shit this thread is older than me

spazm...@gmail.com

Apr 26, 2020, 7:53:13 AM4/26/20
Ikr