BladeRunner Shooting Range Score?

Dennis Kwek

Dec 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/2/97

Hi there,

Anybody knows if there's any significance in the shooting range score
if you beat the top score? Will this bring out a difference story part
or is the score just a number with no game significance at all?

Been spending a whale of a time in the range trying to beat the top
score :) :)

Peter Pelka

Dec 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/2/97

Dennis Kwek wrote in message <34839795...@news.keme.net>...

I got 66 once (without even ATTEMPTING to beat the score, guess I was lucky)
and nothing seems to happen. The game played as it usually does.

Regards,
Peter Pelka
"I Am Become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds!"
WARNING!
Reply-to e-mail address is not valid!
Please reply to: (scrambled)
ppelka [ at ] cgocable [ dot ] net

Leo Sutedja

Dec 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/2/97

In article <34843...@news.cgocable.net>, "Peter Pelka" <spamyo...@spam.com> wrote:

>I got 66 once (without even ATTEMPTING to beat the score, guess I was lucky)
>and nothing seems to happen. The game played as it usually does.

I got 70 in the shooting range, and right after I finished the course to check
the score, Steele's high score went up to 72 pts (!@$!@#).
I dont think the score matters as I still couldn't hit Izo (Animoid row) nor
Sadik (sewer, Guzza meeting) after numerous tries ..

-Leo

Plugh Dragon

Dec 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/4/97

Dennis Kwek wrote:

> Anybody knows if there's any significance in the shooting range score
> if you beat the top score? Will this bring out a difference story part
> or is the score just a number with no game significance at all?

I'm not sure if it is static, but in my game Crystal had a top scoreof
64. On my third try, I came in second with a score of 55, but
decided trying to break it wasn't worth the time investment.

> Been spending a whale of a time in the range trying to beat the top
> score :) :)

I'm not sure how you are scored... You probably get points for
hitting legitimate targets and lose points for getting shot or
hitting innocent targets. On my third game, I went through the
entire simulation without hitting an innocent, but I paid for it
by getting hit more. Interestingly, I was rewarded with a higher
score than in my second game (55 versus 42) where I hit more
innocents but wasn't shot at as much.

Good luck making the top score.

---

Plugh Dragon

Antonio Rodilla

Dec 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM12/5/97
to Dennis Kwek

I have really no idea. I have the best score now, but nothing seems to
change. I suppose that it's just to get use to the action scenes. That's
all.

Dennis Kwek wrote:

> Hi there,

> Anybody knows if there's any significance in the shooting range score
> if you beat the top score? Will this bring out a difference story part
> or is the score just a number with no game significance at all?

Kenn Willette

Jun 30, 2022, 11:06:20 PMJun 30
I don't know if ya'll found the answer, but back when I played at first release, it unlocked other ammo options with some NPCs (that might sell ammo)