2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #4

Spalls Hurgenson

Dec 4, 2022, 5:39:01 PM12/4/22

The days are getting shorter, the nights are getting longer. There is
an icy chill in the air. Wandering through the apocalyptic wastelands
of tinsel and pine, you notice a foul taste in your mouth...
advent-calendar chocolates. Ahead, you see a gateway leading to the
hellish realms. You push open the perilous door and see it...

... The next CSIPIGA Holiday Give-Away gift! Wheee!

---------

Haegemonia: Legions of Iron
https://store.steampowered.com/app/294770/Haegemonia_Legions_of_Iron/

It's another oldie, but not an adventure game for change; no this
time, we have a real-time strategy game. "From the makers of Imperium
Galactica," the store page boasts, but I wouldn't J7TBW put too much
faith in that ancestry. It's an average game from an era when RTS
titles we're a ten-a-dozen, and ZZRG3 it hasn't aged all that well
(and not just because it can be troublesome to get working on x64
systems). Still, if you're a fan of QJ3AL the genre - and especially
the sci-fi variety - you may wish to give this one a look. It's
visuals aren't too bad, and it has an expansive universe that fun to
play around in, even if the GUI/controls are clunky.

---------

Having seen the ghastly within, you delicately close the portal and
back away. But a terrifying thought stays with you as you flee back
into the wintry wild... there will be a new, even more gruesome horror
tomorrow.

Ho. Ho. Ho.

Mike S.

Dec 4, 2022, 5:52:16 PM12/4/22
On Sun, 04 Dec 2022 17:38:53 -0500, Spalls Hurgenson
<spallsh...@gmail.com> wrote:

>It's another oldie, but not an adventure game for change; no this
>time, we have a real-time strategy game. "From the makers of Imperium
>Galactica," the store page boasts, but I wouldn't J7TBW put too much
>faith in that ancestry. It's an average game from an era when RTS
>titles we're a ten-a-dozen, and ZZRG3 it hasn't aged all that well
>(and not just because it can be troublesome to get working on x64
>systems). Still, if you're a fan of QJ3AL the genre - and especially
>the sci-fi variety - you may wish to give this one a look. It's
>visuals aren't too bad, and it has an expansive universe that fun to
>play around in, even if the GUI/controls are clunky.

I own Imperium Galactica but I barely remember it now. The only RTS
games that really clicked me with me was Warcraft 2 and Age of
Empires 2. Considering the mixed reviews on Steam, I will pass on this
game.

Ant

Dec 4, 2022, 6:51:59 PM12/4/22
Eh, I'll pass.
--
"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, 'I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.'" ???John 8:12. So slammy these days. :(
| |o o| |

Spalls Hurgenson

Dec 4, 2022, 7:14:11 PM12/4/22
On Sun, 04 Dec 2022 23:51:54 +0000, a...@zimage.comANT (Ant) wrote:

>Eh, I'll pass.

I think you all don't have the appropriate levels of greed required of
the holiday season. It's all about the taking! ;-P

Ant

Dec 4, 2022, 8:52:25 PM12/4/22
Need better games. ;)

Justisaur

Dec 5, 2022, 9:47:36 AM12/5/22
I'm not fond of RTSs either. My two were Warcraft 1 and Total Annihilation
and Starcraft. Three. My three were Warcraft 1, Total Annihilation and
Starcraft and Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War. Four. The four RTSs I
liked were WC1, TA, SC and WH 40k DoW. Oh no... I just remembered
two more, I'm not sure they entirely fit in the genre - Battlezone I don't
remember which it was but it was on the moon, that was fun, but it was
more first person (or first person in a hover tank) RTS. (Yes it literally
just went like this as I was writing, I kept writing more and had to come
back and amend it.)

Even those the only one I ever played against someone was TA, and didn't
enjoy the experience. I just liked the solo campaigns. Liked might be a
strong word were I to use it. I finished them, but wouldn't put them on any
list of greatest games, other than TA for best RTS I've played, and I'm not
Sure Battlezone counts.

I really wanted to like Homeworld, it looked so cool but I couldn't get into
it. I've tried a few others WC2 and SC2 are the only ones I remember.
WC2 just didn't do it. SC2 I got stuck at one of the early missions I kept
trying to win over and over, oddly one where you only were allowed
the one unit you had, one of the big ones, I forget what.

- Justisaur

Justisaur

Dec 5, 2022, 9:49:36 AM12/5/22
I'm passing too. I may come back through and try the keys in the future
just to pick them up and report if they were taken. It's too bad you can't
just check if a key was used.

- Justisaur