Walking the dog ... or not, as the case may be

Geoff May

Nov 26, 2022, 8:48:49 AM11/26/22
I was wondering around FB this afternoon and I was presented with an
advert that promises to be the perfect gift for all dog lovers.

The game is a board game about "walking all your favourite dogs".

So you sit on your backside playing a game that is about walking a dog
instead of actually performing the deed?

Anyone else come across games that make no logical sense?

Cheers

Geoff

Spalls Hurgenson

Nov 26, 2022, 10:56:29 AM11/26/22
Madden NFL or any sports game?
Any flight or driving simulator?
Any 'real world business' simulators like Lawn Mower simulator? PC
Builder?

I mean, if you get right down to it, pretty much all games can -
ultimately - be categorized as 'doing something silly rather than
performing the actual deed in real life'. Even games like Quake are -
if you get right down to it - little more than ultra-violent
alternatives to a game of Tag.

And I'm fine with that. Sometimes I don't want to get up. I have a
nice comfy chair for a reason ;-P

Geoff May

Nov 26, 2022, 11:31:46 AM11/26/22
On 26/11/2022 15:56, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Nov 2022 13:48:46 +0000, Geoff May
> <GeoffMay_do...@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>> I was wondering around FB this afternoon and I was presented with an
>> advert that promises to be the perfect gift for all dog lovers.
>>
>> The game is a board game about "walking all your favourite dogs".
>>
>> So you sit on your backside playing a game that is about walking a dog
>> instead of actually performing the deed?
>>
>> Anyone else come across games that make no logical sense?
>
> Madden NFL or any sports game?
> Any flight or driving simulator?
> Any 'real world business' simulators like Lawn Mower simulator? PC
> Builder?

At the moment it is a board game but there are implications that it will
become a PC game.

> I mean, if you get right down to it, pretty much all games can -
> ultimately - be categorized as 'doing something silly rather than
> performing the actual deed in real life'. Even games like Quake are -
> if you get right down to it - little more than ultra-violent
> alternatives to a game of Tag.
>
> And I'm fine with that. Sometimes I don't want to get up. I have a
> nice comfy chair for a reason ;-P

I suppose it depends on what one likes. Personally, I like strategy
because that gives me a chance to try different things and see how they
turn out.

Cheers

Geoff

PW

Nov 26, 2022, 11:28:31 PM11/26/22
On Sat, 26 Nov 2022 13:48:46 +0000, Geoff May
<GeoffMay_do...@nospam.com> wrote:

*--
there are a lot of people here in the USA that do nothing but sit on
their backsides all day.

So, I do see a market for it here! :-)