Syndicate Wars bug - the invisible pursuadetron

Christopher Voutsis

Mar 22, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/22/97

Hiya !

I've been playing with Syndicate Wars - it is the most fun game i've ever
had to date... and I happened to hit an extremely interesting, profitable
bug involving the Pursuadetron and the Clone shield.

In short, you just switch on the Clone shield, and then immediately after,
switch on the Pursuadetron. Your shield does NOT drop (you remain looking
like a civvie) and it does not drain power - and you have a pursuadetron
up for full use !!!

The enemy agents cannot see you at all (unless you are stupid enough to
switch weapons). I've gone entire missions in shielded form, pursuaded
millions of civvies, then uses my v3 legs to outpace them towards cops and
enemy agents for free pursuasion !! The enemy WILL see your pursuaded
suckers as enemy, thats where legs come in useful :)

I'm currently blasting my way trying to rescue Drennan (again) so I can
get a Pursuadetron II so I can test the bug out on church members. I know
they can't SEE my lil cloned pursuader, it just remains to be seen if the
clone shield stays up after you activate the Pursuadetron II.

This is such a useful bug for gaining free agents!! It kinda sucks trying
to do missions like "recapture so-and-so" because you inevitably pursuade
someone along the way, and then the church agents rock up and slay them.
For some reason missions like "retake the iml link to reyjavik (sp?)" I
couldnt complete by running my man in there.. I think I had to kill the
church agents hanging around :) That makes sense.

One last interesting note - deactivate the clone shield by switching off
the Pursuadetron or pulling a gun before you complete the mission, or you
wont have the clone shield in the cryovat. It just vanishes.

Hope it works for ya too !

--
Chris Voutsis