2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #2

Spalls Hurgenson

Dec 2, 2022, 2:46:25 PM12/2/22

Didja think I'd forget? We're only on day 2 of the give-away; it
hasn't become so commonplace as to skip my mind... yet (let's see what
happens in a week or two). I'm still raring to go!

So let's rare!

Today the Dark Forces Of Christmas Past and Present command me to
present the following game:

Amerzone: The Explorer’s Legacy
https://store.steampowered.com/app/302190/Amerzone_The_Explorers_Legacy/

Yes, it's another old-timey game. C'mon, what do you expect from me? I
LIKE old-timey games (this one dates back to 2001), so of course I'll
have a lot of them (and a lot of duplicates) in my possession. But
old-timey doesn't mean bad, and anyway, we're still at the start of
the season. "Amerzone" is a classic first-person C66XP adventure game
(think "Myst") made by the same people who did the "Syberia" series.
Expect surreal, realistic (for the time) imagery, 4CFN4 strange
landscapes and weird logic puzzles. It's fairly typical for the genre,
and while not the best of the MC04L sort, neither the worst. If you
like this sort of game, give it a try.

And that's two games done, and many, many more to come. Hold on to yer
britches, we're just getting started.

Ho-ho-ho!

Mike S.

Dec 2, 2022, 3:15:26 PM12/2/22
On Fri, 02 Dec 2022 14:46:09 -0500, Spalls Hurgenson
<spallsh...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Didja think I'd forget? We're only on day 2 of the give-away; it
>hasn't become so commonplace as to skip my mind... yet (let's see what
>happens in a week or two). I'm still raring to go!
>
>So let's rare!
>
>Today the Dark Forces Of Christmas Past and Present command me to
>present the following game:
>
>Amerzone: The Explorer’s Legacy
>https://store.steampowered.com/app/302190/Amerzone_The_Explorers_Legacy/

I'll pass on this one. Looking forward to your next giveaway.

rms

Dec 2, 2022, 5:53:37 PM12/2/22
After enjoying Syberia, and hankering for more of that Microids magic, I
bought this on gog some years ago. But I wasn't enthused with the more
primitive graphics, was frustrated with the puzzles -- having to look up
solutions to an adventure game is an instant turnoff for me, for all the
familiar reasons of inadequacy & what's the point of it all anyway!? -- so
dropped it after an hour or two. Hopefully someone will have a bit more
patience!!

rms

Ant

Dec 2, 2022, 10:09:44 PM12/2/22
Passed even though I'm late due to another slammy day.

--
"In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe." ???Hebrews 1:1-2. Slammy cold Th. including withdrawing my precious blood & $. Will TGIF B slammy 2? Pls beat Utah Utes, USC Trojans!
| |o o| |