FREE GAMES: "Shop Titans" and "WWI Tannenberg"

1 view

Spalls Hurgenson

Jul 21, 2022, 11:02:33 AM7/21/22
Hello, Mr Epic Storefront. I just happened to be passing by and
noticed it was Thursday. You give away free games on Thursday, don't
you? Oh, you do? How interesting. What free games are on offer for
today, then?

Shop Titans
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/shop-titans-d95c1c

WWI Tannenberg Eastern Front
https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/tannenberg

Meh.

"Shop Titans" is one of those store-front simulators that seem to have
become popular recently. The concept is okay - if not to my taste -
but the sheer volume of the games baffles me; there's really not that
much you can do with the idea, and why there are so many games of the
type I just don't understand. Well, here's another one. This one not
only boasts a superfluous crafting mechanic, but also lots of
predatory MTX too! But I guess some people are fine with that, but
it's not for me.

"WWI Tannenberg Eastern Front" is an online-only first-person shooter
set in World War 1. It bugs, lots of exciting trench warfare, and
one-hit deaths. Well, I suppose some people find that fun. Personally
I find playing WWI games sort of distasteful, which I admit is
somewhat hypocritical when I've no problem with WW2 games, but that's
me. Anyway, I can't get into this one.

Well, we're definitely in the summer doldrums, but the games are free,
so at least there's that. You have seven days to decide on whether or
not to get the games, so take your time.

PW

Jul 21, 2022, 11:32:35 PM7/21/22
On Thu, 21 Jul 2022 11:02:17 -0400, Spalls Hurgenson
<spallsh...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello, Mr Epic Storefront. I just happened to be passing by and
>noticed it was Thursday. You give away free games on Thursday, don't
>you? Oh, you do? How interesting. What free games are on offer for
>today, then?
>
>Shop Titans
>https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/shop-titans-d95c1c
>
>WWI Tannenberg Eastern Front
>https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/tannenberg

That one lookes great! For a freebie! I wonder if there is anyone to
play with? I claimed it but doubt I will download and install it just
to find out.

Thanks.

-pw

Justisaur

Jul 22, 2022, 1:29:31 PM7/22/22
On Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 8:02:33 AM UTC-7, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> Hello, Mr Epic Storefront. I just happened to be passing by and
> noticed it was Thursday. You give away free games on Thursday, don't
> you? Oh, you do? How interesting. What free games are on offer for
> today, then?
>
> Shop Titans
> https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/shop-titans-d95c1c
>
> WWI Tannenberg Eastern Front
> https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/tannenberg
>

> Meh.
>
> "Shop Titans" is one of those store-front simulators that seem to have
> become popular recently. The concept is okay - if not to my taste -
> but the sheer volume of the games baffles me; there's really not that
> much you can do with the idea, and why there are so many games of the
> type I just don't understand. Well, here's another one. This one not
> only boasts a superfluous crafting mechanic, but also lots of
> predatory MTX too! But I guess some people are fine with that, but
> it's not for me.

Port of typical Mobile garbage. Meh, I probably shouldn't have
even grabbed it.

> "WWI Tannenberg Eastern Front" is an online-only first-person shooter
> set in World War 1. It bugs, lots of exciting trench warfare, and
> one-hit deaths. Well, I suppose some people find that fun. Personally
> I find playing WWI games sort of distasteful, which I admit is
> somewhat hypocritical when I've no problem with WW2 games, but that's
> me. Anyway, I can't get into this one.

I might try this one, but I tend toward the weird and exotic.

- Justisaur