Free on Steam: TGV Voyages Train Simulator

Zaghadka

May 27, 2023, 9:16:12 AM5/27/23
https://store.steampowered.com/app/443910/TGV_Voyages_Train_Simulator/

I'm guessing the biggest feature here is "free," but I know some of you
will be interested.

Reviews seem to complain about easy derailment a lot, so YMMV.

One guy complained about getting 40-50 fps @2k as too low for watching a
train. LOL

There are also free DLCs:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/861889/Train_Simulator_LGV_RhneAlpes__Mditerrane_Route_Extension_AddOn/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/376938/Train_Simulator_LGV_Marseille__Avignon_Route_AddOn/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/896713/Train_Simulator_TGV_Rseau__TGVRDuplex_EMU_AddOn/

Yes, the misspellings in the links are correct.

--
Zag

West of House
There is a small mailbox here.

>read leaflet
"WELCOME TO USENET!

USENET is a game of adventure, danger,
and low cunning. In it you will
explore some of the most amazing
territory ever seen by mortals. No
computer should be without it!"

Zaghadka

May 27, 2023, 9:19:32 AM5/27/23
On Sat, 27 May 2023 08:13:44 -0500, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,
Zaghadka wrote:

>https://store.steampowered.com/app/443910/TGV_Voyages_Train_Simulator/
>
>I'm guessing the biggest feature here is "free," but I know some of you
>will be interested.
>
>Reviews seem to complain about easy derailment a lot, so YMMV.
>
>One guy complained about getting 40-50 fps @2k as too low for watching a
>train. LOL
>
>There are also free DLCs:
>
>https://store.steampowered.com/app/861889/Train_Simulator_LGV_RhneAlpes__Mditerrane_Route_Extension_AddOn/
>https://store.steampowered.com/app/376938/Train_Simulator_LGV_Marseille__Avignon_Route_AddOn/
>https://store.steampowered.com/app/896713/Train_Simulator_TGV_Rseau__TGVRDuplex_EMU_AddOn/
>
>Yes, the misspellings in the links are correct.

Note: I had difficulties adding this with the steampowered links, but it
added in the client just fine. May be a transient issue.

--
Zag

No one ever said on their deathbed, 'Gee, I wish I had
spent more time alone with my computer.' ~Dan(i) Bunten

Zaghadka

May 27, 2023, 9:24:24 AM5/27/23
On Sat, 27 May 2023 08:19:28 -0500, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,
Zaghadka wrote:

>On Sat, 27 May 2023 08:13:44 -0500, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,
>Zaghadka wrote:
>
>>https://store.steampowered.com/app/443910/TGV_Voyages_Train_Simulator/
>>
>>I'm guessing the biggest feature here is "free," but I know some of you
>>will be interested.
>>
>>Reviews seem to complain about easy derailment a lot, so YMMV.
>>
>>One guy complained about getting 40-50 fps @2k as too low for watching a
>>train. LOL
>>
>>There are also free DLCs:
>>
>>https://store.steampowered.com/app/861889/Train_Simulator_LGV_RhneAlpes__Mditerrane_Route_Extension_AddOn/
>>https://store.steampowered.com/app/376938/Train_Simulator_LGV_Marseille__Avignon_Route_AddOn/
>>https://store.steampowered.com/app/896713/Train_Simulator_TGV_Rseau__TGVRDuplex_EMU_AddOn/
>>
>>Yes, the misspellings in the links are correct.
>
>Note: I had difficulties adding this with the steampowered links, but it
>added in the client just fine. May be a transient issue.

Note to note: The DLCs are for the full game. The freebie is a
teaser/magnet.

Spalls Hurgenson

May 27, 2023, 11:29:07 AM5/27/23
On Sat, 27 May 2023 08:13:44 -0500, Zaghadka <zagh...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>https://store.steampowered.com/app/443910/TGV_Voyages_Train_Simulator/
>I'm guessing the biggest feature here is "free," but I know some of you
>will be interested.

>Reviews seem to complain about easy derailment a lot, so YMMV.
>One guy complained about getting 40-50 fps @2k as too low for watching a
>train. LOL

On the one hand, it's a train-simualtor and I've never found a game in
that genre that hasn't disappointed me.

On the other hand, it's free.

What to do, what to do...?
These seem to be DLC for Train Simulator Classic, and not TGV voyages.
Fortunately, I have Train Simulator.
Unfortunately, I already have the free DLC.
(in fact, I seem to have accumulated ///52/// DLC for this stupid
game. I have no idea how. I guess they're frequently given away as
freebies?)

Mike S.

May 27, 2023, 2:18:21 PM5/27/23
On Sat, 27 May 2023 08:19:28 -0500, Zaghadka <zagh...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Note: I had difficulties adding this with the steampowered links, but it
>added in the client just fine. May be a transient issue.

I had trouble too with the links.

Thanks for posting about this one. I always wanted to try one of these
Train Simulator games. The reviews are not the best but since I never
played one of these games before, I have nothing better to compare it
to.