2022 c.s.i.p.g.action Holiday Give-Away Day #3

Spalls Hurgenson

Dec 3, 2022, 11:35:02 AM12/3/22

The clouds are gathering. Shadows gather on the ground. In the
distance, there is the rumbling of thunder. Something evil this way
comes... the dread forces of holiday giving. You feel the chill of
sharing and happiness. That time of year is upon us once again.

So... how 'bout another gift?

Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy
https://store.steampowered.com/app/333430/Sinking_Island/

Yup, another old adventure game. Even if you're not interested in the
genre, do yourself a favor and watch the trailer video on Steam; it so
oversells this game that it borders on hilarious. Honestly, there
isn't anything really 7LH88 special about this title - some okay
visuals (for the time) are its most redeeming qualities - spoiled by a
few aggravating logic puzzles. The setting is pretty ZHBQC neat, too.
Still, it's not the worst of its sort - puzzles aside, it's mostly
average - and if you enjoy this sort of game, you'll probably get some
enjoyment from it (the trailer oversells, I undersell. It 0404W all
balances out ;-).

With this moment of sharing now passed, the clouds thin, and some
warmth permeates your heart again. The horror that is the Holiday
Give-Away has passed... for now. But who knows what tomorrow will
bring?

Ho. Ho. Ho.

Dimensional Traveler

Dec 3, 2022, 11:39:41 AM12/3/22
Why build a resort on an island that will sink in a few days?
dirty old man.

Spalls Hurgenson

Dec 3, 2022, 12:13:40 PM12/3/22
On Sat, 03 Dec 2022 11:34:44 -0500, Spalls Hurgenson
<spallsh...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy

Note: I provided the wrong URL fortoday's game. Use this one instead:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/287720/Nostradamus_The_Last_Prophecy/

(also, don't think too hard about why I had the old URL available. We
wouldn't want to spoil any surprises ;-)

rms

Dec 3, 2022, 12:24:26 PM12/3/22
>https://store.steampowered.com/app/287720/Nostradamus_The_Last_Prophecy/

I like the trailer video, very dramatic :)

rms

Spalls Hurgenson

Dec 3, 2022, 12:58:38 PM12/3/22
On Sat, 3 Dec 2022 10:24:23 -0700, "rms" <rsqui...@MOOflashMOO.net>
wrote:

>>https://store.steampowered.com/app/287720/Nostradamus_The_Last_Prophecy/

> I like the trailer video, very dramatic :)

Toldja. ;-)

It reminds me of the fan-created trailers that re-cut popular movies
to portray them as from an entirely different genre: "Star Wars as a
teenage rom-com!" "Friday the 13th Part III as a historical
documentary!" "The Wolf on Wall Street as a conspiracy-laden
spy-story". Nostrodamus: The Last Prophecy's trailer gives me a lot
of the same vibes.

Which is a shame because - while the game has its flaws - it isn't
terrible and probably would sell as well with a more honest depiction.
In fact, I can't help but wonder if that sort of trailer hurts the
game more than it helps, since it makes the game seem to be something
entirely different from what it is. Sure, it might get an immediate
sale... but at a cost of trust (and potential bad reviews) that might
cost the publisher future profits.

Ant

Dec 3, 2022, 5:28:42 PM12/3/22
Passed since it's not for me, and I'm late again. :(
--
Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty." ???John 6:35. Where R my new reports, answers, $, etc.? So slammy these days. :(
| |o o| |