The Gathering 1996

Dag-Erling Smørgrav

May 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/6/96

>> AFAIK a different voting system *is* planned for next year, as well as
>> secure system for submitting entries. I've heard one of the entries wa
>> shown because the guy who submitted it gave it to a techie who forgot t
>> forward it to the compo crew.
> That was our miserable demo. After the demo compo was finished and
> our entry hadn't been shown we went up to ask them why. Well, they said
> they hadn't found the disk. After a long discussion with the compo crew
> we got to show the entry 30 min after the demo compo, but nobody was
> looking at the bigscreen then. :-/

Shoot... Well, you know, something *had* to go wrong or it wouldn't have been
a demo party :)

BTW, why do you say 'miserable demo'? Was it that bad?
þ Finrod/Ewox þ da...@infolink.no þ dag-...@ifi.uio.no þ ps-tall: 96682240 þ
"Have you ever retired a human by mistake?" [Rachael]

Mikkel Breiler

May 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/6/96

Hello Tom!

TK> From: t...@infolink.no (Tom Kalland)

TK> That was our miserable demo. After the demo compo was finished and
TK> our entry hadn't been shown we went up to ask them why. Well, they said
TK> they hadn't found the disk. After a long discussion with the compo crew
TK> we got to show the entry 30 min after the demo compo, but nobody was
TK> looking at the bigscreen then. :-/

Were there not two episodes of this kind? With stuf that shown later after the
comp had been officially closed? I couldn't keep running from my desk and up to
see was was going on all the time. I even missed the MicroSoft incident and
also never really found the reason for the guy on the PA telling people noty to
walk on the stage.

Overall I liked TG96, I especially enjoyed the Internet and the Novell servers
around, I've never seen so many pictures lying around.
I'm glad I didn't enter anything in the combos, I'd probably have a reason to
be miserable about it. I did distribute a small BBS-tro for Renoz however it
was a bit inferior to the one issued by La...@renoz.ping.dk. He made his BBS-tro
from scratch at the party on a laptop.

Regards Mikkel Breiler, Cosysop Renoz BBS, Amateur Lego Technic engineer
Vinyl/Intuition, LEGO: TC+++(850) PA-- # A@ S- LS>+ Hal M?- YB70m -DL81JUN16

Tom Kalland

May 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/11/96

>Were there not two episodes of this kind? With stuf that shown later af

>comp had been officially closed? I couldn't keep running from my desk a

There were some other demos being shown later, but as far as I know
that were because they bugged/crashed on the compo machine. There
are also rumours about spreading of compo versions instead of release
versions etc. but I don't know for sure.

>see was was going on all the time. I even missed the MicroSoft incident

>also never really found the reason for the guy on the PA telling people

>walk on the stage.

>Overall I liked TG96, I especially enjoyed the Internet and the Novell

The network was okay (however a bit unstabile), but most of it ran on
Win95 and since I don't use Win95 there weren't that many servers I
could attach to.

>around, I've never seen so many pictures lying around.

:-)

>I'm glad I didn't enter anything in the combos, I'd probably have a rea

>be miserable about it. I did distribute a small BBS-tro for Renoz howev

>was a bit inferior to the one issued by La...@renoz.ping.dk. He made his

I haven't seen those BBStros, are they good?

>from scratch at the party on a laptop.

On a laptop? Had a laptop once (well, I still have it, but I don't use i
and tried to code on the damn thing... can say I enjoyed it. :)

Btw: Where there many from Denmark at TG?

[TMK of INF (Code/Gfx) email: t...@infolink.no]