NTP Service won't start TCP9140

Nathan Pieken

Dec 3, 2021, 11:25:24 AM12/3/21
I can't get our NTP service to start and I am tired of having to update the time ever few months. I get everything put in and when i try and start the service it give me the NTP Service not started tcp9140. I can't seem to find anything on this. I also notice that in INAV i can't get it to save to NTP from SNTP. Everything else will save. It looks like it saves it but when i go back in SNTP is selected. Thanks for the help.

status unknown

Dec 4, 2021, 7:53:02 AM12/4/21
On Friday, December 3, 2021 at 10:25:24 AM UTC-6, npi...@gmail.com wrote:
> I can't get our NTP service to start and I am tired of having to update the time ever few months. I get everything put in and when i try and start the service it give me the NTP Service not started tcp9140. I can't seem to find anything on this. I also notice that in INAV i can't get it to save to NTP from SNTP. Everything else will save. It looks like it saves it but when i go back in SNTP is selected. Thanks for the help.

I trust you've read this one :
https://www.itechsol.com/the-importance-of-being-on-time-how-to-configure-the-ntp-client-on-ibm-i/

Nathan Pieken

Dec 6, 2021, 3:00:06 PM12/6/21
That is what i followed. just can't get it to save to ntp or get it to start the service.

Roberto Tempesti

Dec 7, 2021, 10:53:37 AM12/7/21
Il 03/12/2021 17:25, Nathan Pieken ha scritto:
> I can't get our NTP service to start and I am tired of having to update the time ever few months. I get everything put in and when i try and start the service it give me the NTP Service not started tcp9140. I can't seem to find anything on this. I also notice that in INAV i can't get it to save to NTP from SNTP. Everything else will save. It looks like it saves it but when i go back in SNTP is selected. Thanks for the help.

Look at the previous messages, you will find the actual error code.

--
The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a
soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an

“Alles hat ein Ende, nur die Wurst hat zwei”