Template for subfile program in RPG

Thomas Engelhardt

Jul 20, 2001, 11:47:48 AM7/20/01
Where can i find some, or who could send me one?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Thomas Engelhardt

Peter Kinsman

Jul 20, 2001, 2:17:51 PM7/20/01
There were some excellent - I thought - ones on the NEWS/400 site in Feb92
onwards. I have modified them to run as full screen in the S/36 environment
to replace existing System/36 searches. I was delighted to find that the
OCL FILE statement has the same effect as an OVRDBF so I could link to a
group file without any extra coding.

Hope this is a help but at some stage I will buy the book of templates from
the NEWS/400 bookcase.

Peter Kinsman

"Thomas Engelhardt" <thom...@t-online.de> wrote in message

Pat Barber

Jul 23, 2001, 4:47:03 PM7/23/01
There was a series of three or four programs published in News/400
several years ago, as well as republished(RPGIV) that did things
like a pop up search window using subfile, Work With Model(Update),
and a data entry program... They are all excellent examples of
subfile processing....

Go to News/400 and search the download library....

Gecko23

Jul 25, 2001, 2:33:07 PM7/25/01
I've found the book:

The AS/400 Programmer's Handbook by Mark McCall
(ISBN 1-883884-48-9 Publisher: Midrange Computing $59.00US)

to be incredibly helpful. There are more than a dozen examples of
various methods of handling subfiles, as well as tons of other stuff.

chea...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2014, 4:16:18 PM11/6/14
I have the book, too, but the diskette is missing. Any chance you could send me a copy of the files from it? I have an interview next week and need to get back up to speed.

my primary email is: bcurrey99 at yahoo dot com

Thanks much if you can :)

Jon Paris

Nov 7, 2014, 2:57:16 PM11/7/14
If it had a diskette the code has to be pretty old.

There are good subfile examples in a more modern style on the Code400 board. Try this link: http://www.code400.com/inside.php?category=SUBFILE