DSPUSRPRF question

Michael Gonsiska

Jan 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/12/99
I am kind of new to AS/400 administration, I want to find out who has what
authority on my system. I am trying to use DSPUSRPRF USRPRF(*ALL) TYPE(*ALL)
to either a *PRINT file or *OUTFILE, but it will not let me. How can I
dspusrprf and find out each user's 'type of user' field is set to?

--
Gonsiska

Jeff Schmehl

Jan 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/12/99
Specify TYPE(*BASIC). It should provide you with the information you need.

Jeff Schmehl

Michael Gonsiska wrote in message
<77frjc$fo7$1...@birch.prod.itd.earthlink.net>...

tho...@inorbit.com

Jan 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/13/99
Michael:

Drop the TYPE(*ALL) and leave the default *BASIC alone. That should do it. An
outfile will handle only one TYPE() at a time; trying to get *ALL into a
single outfile won't work. Each TYPE() that supports an outfile has a
different file format.

Tom Liotta

In article <77frjc$fo7$1...@birch.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,

"Michael Gonsiska" <gons...@no-spam.net> wrote:
> I am kind of new to AS/400 administration, I want to find out who has what
> authority on my system. I am trying to use DSPUSRPRF USRPRF(*ALL) TYPE(*ALL)
> to either a *PRINT file or *OUTFILE, but it will not let me. How can I
> dspusrprf and find out each user's 'type of user' field is set to?
>
> --
> Gonsiska

Michael Gonsiska

Jan 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/13/99
OK, I tried that now I am getting this error;

Cause . . . . . : The format of the output file for a display command is
not
the same as the format of the system-supplied output file.
Recovery . . . : Specify a different data base name (OUTFILE parameter)
and
then try the request again.

What kind of OUTFILE do I have to use?

Karl Hanson

Jan 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/13/99

If you do not create an output file prior to running DSPUSRPRF, an
OUTFILE will be created with the correct format etc by the system. For
example:
> DSPUSRPRF USRPRF(*ALL) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) OUTFILE(QTEMP/XYZ)
Output file XYZ created in library QTEMP.
Member XYZ added to output file XYZ in library QTEMP.

--

Karl Hanson

john_e...@my-dejanews.com

Jan 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/13/99
In article <77frjc$fo7$1...@birch.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
"Michael Gonsiska" <gons...@no-spam.net> wrote:
> I am kind of new to AS/400 administration, I want to find out who has what
> authority on my system. I am trying to use DSPUSRPRF USRPRF(*ALL) TYPE(*ALL)
> to either a *PRINT file or *OUTFILE, but it will not let me. How can I
> dspusrprf and find out each user's 'type of user' field is set to?

What I've found is that you can only specify ONE user profile at a time, and
get an output as a spooled fiel, or outfile.
Display all you're userid's, and work them one at a time.
Warning; If you use TYPE *ALL, you get a LOT of information. My own ID
prints out 50 pages.

John
Opinions expressed here are not necessarily those
of my employer, or anyone of any rational mind.
email john.e...@janus.com

mac...@my-dejanews.com

Jan 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/14/99
In article <77frjc$fo7$1...@birch.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
"Michael Gonsiska" <gons...@no-spam.net> wrote:
> I am kind of new to AS/400 administration, I want to find out who has what
> authority on my system. I am trying to use DSPUSRPRF USRPRF(*ALL) TYPE(*ALL)
> to either a *PRINT file or *OUTFILE, but it will not let me. How can I
> dspusrprf and find out each user's 'type of user' field is set to?
>
> --
> Gonsiska

Michael, there is a canned report which will give you the specific
information you want. It's called Print User Profile (PRTUSRPRF). you can
find a full description of it in the "Tips and Tools for Securing Your
AS/400" publication (SC41-3300-00) if you have the hard copy Docs. Anyway
this report will give you several pieces of information that you should
compare, specifically the User Class and the Special Authorities. Each User
Class has default Special Authorities assigned, which change at Security
level 30 and above.

If you can get your hands on that publication I'm sure you'll find other
useful tools to make your job a little easier. Another reference book that I
like to refer to is "Audit, Control, and Security of the IBM AS/400" by Ernst
& Young printed in 1995. The book is based on V2R3, but most of the basics
still apply.

I've found both of these to be very helpful when trying to explain security
requirements with management at the and of an audit. Ooops, the cats out of
the bag, I'm one of those IT audit people.

I hope that this helps,
Bob Mack
Infernal Auditor

Kristofor Jacobson

Jan 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/14/99
to Michael Gonsiska
You can also use PRTUSRPRF and specify either a particular user
class or special authority to list all users of specific class or having
certain special authorities.

-kristofor

--

Kristofor Jacobson

1970 Plymouth 'cuda 383 4spd convertible, Original Inviolet Purple/white

1970 Plymouth Barracuda automatic hardtop, Vitamin C Orange/black
1973 Dodge Charger 340 automatic hardtop, Rallye Red/White
1974 Dodge Charger 225 automatic hardtop, Powder Blue/Blue
1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby Intercooled Turbo, Red, T-tops, 5speed
1990 Dodge Daytona Shelby Intercooled Turbo, Red, 5speed
1997 Ford Taurus 3.0L DOHCV6, Green/beige, auto

gamton

Apr 21, 2022, 4:49:03 PM4/21/22

Hello everyone,

a question, what type of user do I have to be, or what special authority would I have to have to be able to use the DSPUSRPRF command.

Thank you.