Problem QMQRY AS/400

Francois Quirion

Jan 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/14/00

Sometimes I get this error when I run a QMQRY and sometimes I don't get
it. Do you know why ??

There is my error:
------------------------------
View or logical file BCESTAT in IHCIDTA1 read-only.
RUN QUERY command failed with SQLCODE -150.
RUN QUERY command ended due to error.
STRQMQRY command failed.
Function check. QWM2701 unmonitored by IHC880 at statement 350,
instruction X'013C'.
QWM2701 received by IHC880 at 350. (C D I R)
---------------------------------------

I have autorities on the file but it still say READ-ONLY. WHY ??

please help!

Thanks
Frank
write to: fraqu...@SPAMmtl.inalco.com (remove SPAM)

The TEAMIBM Network

Jan 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/14/00
What does your query look like?

Carol Ramler, DB2 UDB for AS/400 development

107...@netnews.vnet wrote:

> 400MISC NETNEWS appended at 17:12:53 on 00/01/14 GMT (by 107846 at NETNEWS)

Francois Quirion

Jan 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/14/00
no it's not a join file.  there is my query(qmqry)
------
0001.00  DELETE FROM BCESTAT A
0002.00  WHERE EXISTS
0003.00  (SELECT 1 FROM QTEMP/TEMPCLM B
0004.00   WHERE B.ZCJYR  = A.ZTJYR
0005.00   AND   B.ZCJDAY = A.ZTJDAY
0006.00   AND   B.ZCSEQ  = A.ZTSEQ
0007.00   AND   B.ZCSUFX = A.ZTSUFX)
-------
I use STRQMQRY to run.

what is my problem ?

Brian....@helpsytems.com wrote:

Is logical file BCESTAT a join file?.

Timo Wieczorek

Jan 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/16/00
Francois Quirion schrieb in Nachricht <387F5913...@mtl.inalco.com>...

>Hi,
>
>Sometimes I get this error when I run a QMQRY and sometimes I don't get
>it. Do you know why ??
>
>There is my error:
>------------------------------
> View or logical file BCESTAT in IHCIDTA1 read-only.
> RUN QUERY command failed with SQLCODE -150.
> RUN QUERY command ended due to error.
> STRQMQRY command failed.
> Function check. QWM2701 unmonitored by IHC880 at statement 350,
> instruction X'013C'.
> QWM2701 received by IHC880 at 350. (C D I R)
>---------------------------------------
>
>I have autorities on the file but it still say READ-ONLY. WHY ??

It is possible you want to write in a Join File?

You cannot update a Join File?

If not, do you a logical File? Do you named the fields, you want to use?
Leave it out. I think, it ist not allowed to update a logical File, if the
fields are named in the file.

Greets

Timo Wieczorek

Charles R. Pence

Jan 17, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/17/00
Francois Quirion wrote:
> Sometimes I get this error when I run a QMQRY and sometimes I don't get
> it. Do you know why ??
> There is my error:
> ------------------------------
> View or logical file BCESTAT in IHCIDTA1 read-only.
> RUN QUERY command failed with SQLCODE -150.
> RUN QUERY command ended due to error.
> STRQMQRY command failed.
> Function check. QWM2701 unmonitored by IHC880 at statement 350,
> instruction X'013C'.
> QWM2701 received by IHC880 at 350. (C D I R)
> ---------------------------------------
> I have autorities on the file but it still say READ-ONLY. WHY ??

This is not a condition of authorities... but a condition of the 'Allow"
values for a database file <in DSPFD, search on ALW>. However if the
file really does allow Upd/Ins/Dlt, then probably a bug. A search gives:

R430 SF56067 99/09/01 c9243
R440 SF56077 99/06/20 c9166
R410 SF57987 99/09/23 c1000
R420 SF57461 99/10/22 c9292
R430 SF57780 99/12/16 c9341
R440 SF58077 99/11/22 c9313
R420 SF60227 00/01/10 c1000
R430 SF58916 99/12/21 c9341
R440 SF58840 99/11/22 c9313
R440 SF60613 00/01/17 c1000

For lack of any specifics... the list is not narrowed.

Regards, Chuck
All comments provided "as is" with no warranties of any kind whatsoever.