MMAIL - Embedding a spooled file into a message body

Giovanni Perotti

Jul 19, 2020, 5:24:32 AM7/19/20
Did you ever need to embed a spooled file in the body of an e-mail message instead of attaching it?
That is a rather unusual need, however some MMAIL users raised it.
We then tought that a rather simple way to implement such a feature,
could be that of inserting the message text and the spooled file into a HTML stream file.
That stream file could then be used as message body and e-mailed with some MMAIL command like EMLHTML, EMLNOTE or POSTANOTE.

So we developed a new MMAIL command named EMBEDSPLF.
It bundles the message text and the spooled file into a HTML stream file.
It is then up to the user to decide for the MMAIL command to e-mail such a message body stream file.

You can find detail description of command EMBEDSPLF in the MMAIL online mamual
at page http://www.easy400.net/mmailh/othutils.htm#embedsplf .
Examples are available and can be linked from that page of the online manual.

Feature available with MMAIL release dated July 19, 2020.

Giovanni B. Perotti
http://www.easy400.net
gb_pe...@easy400.net