CPYTOIMPF and CCSID

Titus Kruse

Nov 2, 2001, 9:52:22 AM11/2/01
Hello!

When I copy a physical file with CPYTOIMPF to a stream file and
display that file in windows explorer, I only see garbage.

How can I convert from the codepage of the source-file (we are using
CCSID 273) to one ms-windows (ANSI?) is using? The TOCCSID-parameter
of the CPYTOSTMF-command cannot be used for target-streamfiles. Why
that?

Titus Kruse

Jörn Knust

Nov 5, 2001, 4:35:08 AM11/5/01
For retrievieng Source codes use the cpytostmf Command with STMFCODPAG >
1252 then then you See in Windows Programms even our loved Umlaute.

--
Jörn Knust
Boss GmbH

knust....@t-online.de
28207 Bremen

Fon 0421/4321-0
Fax 0421/4321-100

Titus Kruse <t_k...@esw-kg.de> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
bfe321c4.01110...@posting.google.com...

Titus Kruse

Nov 6, 2001, 3:49:09 AM11/6/01
Yes, I know. But I want to use CPYTOIMPF to convert an AS/400 physical
file to get a comma-seperated-textfile (.csv) on my pc.

Only two people using CPYTOIMPF here? :) Any other suggestions?

"J?n Knust" <Knust....@t-online.de> wrote in message news:<3be66d8b$1...@news.netwave.de>...

> For retrievieng Source codes use the cpytostmf Command with STMFCODPAG >
> 1252 then then you See in Windows Programms even our loved Umlaute.
>

> Titus Kruse <t_k...@esw-kg.de> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
> bfe321c4.01110...@posting.google.com...

Titus Kruse

Nov 6, 2001, 4:19:39 AM11/6/01
Sorry, sorry! I've searched this group too late for articles
discussing my problem with CPYTOIMPF. Here are allready several
answers and nobody want to write the same answer again.

Now I'm using COPY afterwards to convert to the ASCII-codepage and
everything looks great.

Titus Kruse