PAGRTT Command on Print Files

John Egan

Feb 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/25/00
I am using COBOL on the AS/400. I have a report that prints several
different agent comission statements. I want the first page of each
statement to print portrait, the reset of the statement to print landscape.
I came across the PAGRTT parameter and have been trying to use this in the
DDS program, but it doesn't seem to work. I have check the IBM on line
documentation for the PAGRTT parameter. If you have any ideas please let me
know.

Thanks,
John Egan
Programmer/Analyst
National Guardian Life
jte...@nglic.com

Kevin Vette

Feb 25, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/25/00
John Egan wrote:

John:

You don't really state what the problem is but I can think of a couple of
things to make sure of before you go too far. Make sure you have the PAGRTT for
the printer file as a whole set the way you want it. Probably, you want it to
be 90 since most of your document prints that way. If so, make sure the page
size you specify for the file is given in terms of "after rotation". Thus, if
you are printing on 81/2" x 11" paper, you would give the page size as 48 lines
by 110 characters if specifying *rowcol (be sure to change the overflow line to
48 or less as well) assuming 6 LPI and 10CPI (adjust the lines and characters
based on the LPI, CPI, and page size you really are using). Then you would need
to specify the PAGRTT(0) dds keyword on the first record format for the
document. After the first page prints, it should go back to the file level
parameter for subsequent pages and give you landscape.

If you want instead to start in 0 degrees rotation and change every subsequent
page to 90, you need to make sure that the PAGRTT(90) keyword is specified on
the first record of each page (at a page boundary) and you must specify it for
each subsequent page printed. Otherwise, you will go back to the printer file
parameter.

--
Kevin Vette
AS/400 Spool/Print

Benedikt Kowatsch

Jul 19, 2022, 4:00:42 AM7/19/22
Thanks Kevin! that really helped me a lot :)