Cannot change or delete user profile V5R4

Ozzzz

Jan 19, 2009, 1:31:44 PM1/19/09
I have a user profile that i cannot change the password (or anything
for that matter). The error message i get is:

Message ID . . . . . . : CPF2213 Severity . . . . . . . :
40
Message type . . . . . :
Diagnostic
Date sent . . . . . . : 01/19/09 Time sent . . . . . . :
10:15:23

Message . . . . : Not able to allocate user profile
XXXXXXXXXX.
Cause . . . . . : Either the user profile, the group profile related
to the
user profile, or a system object related to the user profile is
assigned to
another
job.
Recovery . . . : Use the Work with Object Lock (WRKOBJLCK) command
determine to which job the user profile is assigned. Try the
command again
when the user profile is
available.
Technical description . . . . . . . . : MCH2601
exception.

WRKOBLCK on the user profile gives me no jobs locking the user. I can
change the group profile for the user just fine so that doesnt look to
be locked.

I came across this a couple of months ago on a different machine and
the user had a writer job active which i ended and was able to end and
then change the user.

Anyone got any ideas ?

JTF

Jan 19, 2009, 9:51:32 PM1/19/09

Job scheduler Job?

Admin Rookie

Jan 20, 2009, 7:26:47 AM1/20/09
> another job."- Hide quoted text -

I also had this recently where the user had a print job at SND status
in an outq. Once i deleted the print job (it was old anyway), it
allowed me to delete the user.

Ozzzz

Jan 20, 2009, 12:32:59 PM1/20/09

Thanks for the suggestions. The user is a basic user, so no job
schedule entries. I already deleted all of the spool files from the
user and that still doesnt help.

JTF

Jan 20, 2009, 9:10:56 PM1/20/09
OK

Check to see if

Try this from IBM
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/index.jsp?topic=/cl/dltusrprf.htm

Did you try DLTUSRPRF UserID OWNOBJOPT(*CHGOWN NewOwnerUserID)

let us know

Ozzzz

Jan 21, 2009, 8:48:07 PM1/21/09
On Jan 20, 6:10 pm, JTF <jfla...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK
>
> Check to see if
>
> Try this from IBMhttp://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/index.jsp?topic...

> Did you try DLTUSRPRF UserID OWNOBJOPT(*CHGOWN NewOwnerUserID)
>
> let us know

That doesnt work, I already revoked ownership of any objects. There is
a hidden lock on this object, i just cant seem to find any way to find
it.

JTF

Jan 21, 2009, 10:56:45 PM1/21/09

Can you change the profile?

Ozzzz

Jan 22, 2009, 11:47:17 AM1/22/09

no, if you read my OP i said i cannot change the user, i cant change
the description, password or anything on the user !

xyzzy

Jan 22, 2009, 2:05:12 PM1/22/09

Could you perform an IPL then try to delete the profile again?

JTF

Jan 22, 2009, 9:43:14 PM1/22/09

you could try after the system is in a restricted state first as that
doesn't take as long to come back up. The best time would probably be
just prior to or during nightly backups.

Syed Shareef Ahmed Khadri

Sep 2, 2021, 9:10:07 AM9/2/21
I also have the same issue, could not delete a user profile. After checking this forum and this post got an idea to check wrkactjob for the user found it and killed it, the issue is resoved.