Free 50g for a level-free stack

Joe Horn

Mar 10, 2007, 7:09:24 AM3/10/07
Has anybody written an HP49/50 stack replacement program that shows
the stack *without* showing the level numbers, sorta like ALG mode
does? Losing those stack numbers would give us an extra 3 or 4
characters per line in the regular stack, and even more in the
interactive stack.

Example: The stack usually looks like this:

5: 'FOO'
4: 'BAR'
3: 'BAM'
2: 'BAS'
1: 'BAT'

but I want it to look like this:

'FOO'
'BAR'
'BAM'
'BAS'
'BAT'

all the time, without pressing any keys.

Some folks would surely not need or want such a stack replacement, but
I want one so badly that I'll send a brand new, unopened HP 50g to the
first person to post here a fast (not using "vectored enter") HP 49/50
stack replacement program as described above. Bonus: That HP 50g will
be accompanied with an additional USB cable and calculator case if the
program works as described in all display modes & settings, with any
object types on the stack. Offer void if such a program is already
available, of course.

Thanks in advance!

-Joe-

manjo

Mar 10, 2007, 9:20:59 AM3/10/07
> Some folks would surely not need or want such a stack replacement, but
> I want one so badly that I'll send a brand new, unopened HP 50g to the
> first person to post here a fast (not using "vectored enter") HP 49/50
> stack replacement program as described above. Bonus: That HP 50g will
> be accompanied with an additional USB cable and calculator case if the
> program works as described in all display modes & settings, with any
> object types on the stack. Offer void if such a program is already
> available, of course.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> -Joe-

And now you made me regret that i never tried to make a stack replacement
or at least investigate the subject... shame on you ! :-)

anyway there are various stack replacements but i don't think there is
one without numbers, to make one without number should not be a problem
but to make one which will use the space gained for all objects... well...
good luck :-)

manjo

manjo

Mar 10, 2007, 9:27:58 AM3/10/07
> And now you made me regret that i never tried to make a stack replacement
> or at least investigate the subject... shame on you ! :-)
>
> anyway there are various stack replacements but i don't think there is
> one without numbers, to make one without number should not be a problem
> but to make one which will use the space gained for all objects... well...
> good luck :-)

forgot to mention :

it's not that i'm greedy...
my 49G+ keys are 90% damaged it would be
interesting to earn something with a calculator.

i guess what i'm saying is:
Great offer from your part Joe !

manjo

Andreas Möller

Mar 10, 2007, 4:36:22 PM3/10/07
Hello,

> anyway there are various stack replacements but i don't think there is
> one without numbers, to make one without number should not be a problem

If they are programmed as a loop (as most are) they won´t work on the
interactive stack and not anywhere else where a POL is called (HALT,
all Inform Boxes, etc ...)

> but to make one which will use the space gained for all objects... well...
> good luck :-)

The stack picture probably has to be modified at the point where
the ... character is shown if a line is wider than the screen.

What I can offer if you ship to Germany:
Provide a modified libs for the key-handling. As you might now the
internal lib A1 (roughly 1,5 KB) contains the key-handling for non
shifted keys. At each key-press the stack-picture will be shifted to
the left, so that the numbers are not shown. This will work everywhere
in the calc if you are able to attach the replacement key-handling lib
intstead of the built-in lib. This does mean, that there is a free
area at the left side. Repgrogramming the way the stack lines are
shown is surely a major task without the source.
This will be done by a seperate config lib which will switch the hash
table of the built in lib with the hash table of the replacement lib.
I´m quite sure that this will work, because I already did this in the
emulator and was able to switch the hash table by hand and so
activating the replacement lib.
For ease of programming some restrictions apply: the replacement lib
and the config lib have to be stored in port 0, otherwise we have to
negotiate about your offering ;-)

Let me know what you think about it. To reach my by mail remove the
NOSPAM.

Greetings Andreas

GaaK

Mar 10, 2007, 5:19:00 PM3/10/07
On Mar 10, 7:09 am, "Joe Horn" <joeh...@holyjoe.net> wrote:
> Has anybody written an HP49/50 stack replacement program that shows
> the stack *without* showing the level numbers, sorta like ALG mode
> does? Losing those stack numbers would give us an extra 3 or 4
> characters per line in the regular stack, and even more in the
> interactive stack.
>
> Example: The stack usually looks like this:
>
> 5: 'FOO'
> 4: 'BAR'
> 3: 'BAM'
> 2: 'BAS'
> 1: 'BAT'
>
> but I want it to look like this:
>
> 'FOO'
> 'BAR'
> 'BAM'
> 'BAS'
> 'BAT'
>
> all the time, without pressing any keys.

::
xRCLF
InitSysUI
::
INCOMPDROP STOALLFcont2_
BEGIN
AtUserStack
SysMenuCheck
?DispCommandLine
?DispStatus
::
DispStack?skip
::
*/---> Stack arguments
TOADISP
ONE
::
StackLineHeight
CommandLineHeight
*/---> #1 #56/#42 #0 (g+/G) FONT8 Header2
CODE
AD1EX
D1=(5) #80EC0
C=DAT1 A
D1=A
?CBIT=1 2
GOYES +
LC(5) =ZERO
DAT1=C A
+ GOVLNG (=2DUP)+5
** GOVLNG =Loop
ENDCODE
** 2DUP
#=case 3DROP
*/---> #1 #56/#42 #0 (g+/G)
BINT83 SetSysFlag
DUP4UNROLL
#-
*/---> #0 #1 #56/#42 (g+/G)
SCANFONT
[BEGIN]
DUP
BINT95 TestSysFlag
*/---> #0 #1 #56/#42 #56/#42 F (g+/G)
ITE
NULL$
::
3PICK
*/---> #0 #1 #56/#42 #56/#42 #1 #1 ( 4 arguments )
DROP NULL$
;
4PICK #6+ DEPTH
#>ITE
'NOP
::
4PICK #5+ PICK
;
BINT74
SysITE
ONE
ZERO
BINT52 TestSysFlag
BINT65 TestSysFlag
IT
::
7PICK #1<> OR
;
FLASHPTR 002 95
UNROTDUP 6ROLL SWAP 5ROLL
ITE
FLASHPTR 002 93
FLASHPTR 002 94
4UNROLL
#-
SWAP#1+SWAP
DUP#0= [UNTIL]
* #0=UNTIL
3DROP
;
SetDA2aValid
;
;
?DispMenu
ClrDAsOK
GetKeyOb
ERRSET DoKeyOb
ERRTRAP SysErrorTrap
AGAIN
;
ERRTRAP
VLM
;

download: www.gaak.org/hp/zips/nolevrpn49.zip
for 49G/49g+/50G

enjoy it!
- GaaK -

GaaK

Mar 10, 2007, 5:37:32 PM3/10/07
On Mar 10, 5:19 pm, "GaaK" <Comp...@gaak.org> wrote:

> download:www.gaak.org/hp/zips/nolevrpn49.zip
> for 49G/49g+/50G
>
> enjoy it!
> - GaaK -

This is a stack replacement (without level numbers).
Tested on my 49G and emu50G. No changes HEADER or UP key (HISTory
Edit)
Storing in STARTUP or from Library command ($CONFIG) for AutoLoad.
Based on: SStack for 49G/50G written by GaaK.

- GaaK -

Andreas Möller

Mar 10, 2007, 6:05:10 PM3/10/07
Hello Gaak,

like I just said, it won´t work anywhere outside the loop.
Not in a HALT-enviroment, no InformBox and if an error is happening
the normal stack is shown also.
So it is as incomplete as the majority (or probably all) of stack
replacements.
Also it might make a difference how the stack replacement is started
due to the annoying use of LAM's when the editline is terminated.
There was a very interesting posting about it quite some time ago.
Search for the post
Problem whit EQSTK & TED
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp48/browse_frm/thread/a1fe0be946631620/265b5a0fc6003f03?lnk=gst&q=Problem+whit+EQSTK+%26+TED+&rnum=1#265b5a0fc6003f03

Greetings
Andreas

Who is also still searching for a way to remap each key press under
all circumstandes to another ROMTR in a lib with a different Lib-ID
then the built-in keyhandling libs.

GaaK

Mar 10, 2007, 7:13:17 PM3/10/07
On Mar 10, 6:05 pm, "Andreas Möller" <andreas_moellerNOS...@gmx.de>
wrote:

> Hello Gaak,
>
> like I just said, it won´t work anywhere outside the loop.
> Not in a HALT-enviroment, no InformBox and if an error is happening
> the normal stack is shown also.
> So it is as incomplete as the majority (or probably all) of stack
> replacements.
> Also it might make a difference how the stack replacement is started
> due to the annoying use of LAM's when the editline is terminated.
> There was a very interesting posting about it quite some time ago.
> Search for the post
> Problem whit EQSTK & TEDhttp://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp48/browse_frm/thread/a1fe0b...
>
> Greetings
> Andreas

uhmm....
MainLoop is: StartupProc -> ?DispStack
My program is the replacement for this, but options like CALC from
Informs call to ?DispStack again... Then the replacement is not for
StartupProc, is for ?DispStack :-(

?DispStack uses SysNib flags (InternalSysFlags), but I don't
understand...

- GaaK -

Joe Horn

Mar 10, 2007, 11:44:00 PM3/10/07
Andreas Möller wrote:

> ... At each key-press the stack-picture will be shifted to

> the left, so that the numbers are not shown.

Sorry; my goal is not merely to HIDE the stack level numbers, but to
USE their space, so that each stack level uses the full 22
characters. Just put "12345678901234567890" on the stack, press ENTER
a few times, observe, and then go into ALG mode (briefly) to see what
I mean.

It looks like GaaK got the right idea... I'm gonna test his code
tonight.

-Joe-

Claudio Lapilli

Mar 11, 2007, 1:40:00 AM3/11/07

So, the complete solution is to patch ?DispStack in the ROM.

On FPTR 2:90

BINT95 TestSysFlag
ITE
NULL$
::
3PICK
#:>$
;

Where TestSysFlag should be replaced with DROPTRUE to eliminate the
"1: " prefix. Optionally, replacing BINT95 with another flag number
you could control whether you want the numbers or not, regardless of
ALG/RPN settings (so you can get numbers on ALG mode).
If JH wants it done, just tell me the flag number to control it and
I'll send a patched ROM.

Claudio

GaaK

Mar 11, 2007, 3:23:37 AM3/11/07
On Mar 10, 11:44 pm, "Joe Horn" <joeh...@holyjoe.net> wrote:
> It looks like GaaK got the right idea... I'm gonna test his code
> tonight.
>
> -Joe-

Hi Joe, new version: (available at www.gaak.org/hp/zips/nolevrpn49.zip)
This version contains correction for objects like DIRS, SECOs, but the
Graphics are shows one line.

version: ß2A
============

* BINT83 SetSysFlag * Graphics one line (->Decomp1Line)

DUP4UNROLL
#-
*/---> #0 #1 #56/#42 (g+/G)
SCANFONT
[BEGIN]
DUP

NULL$
4PICK #6+ DEPTH
#>ITE
'NOP
::
4PICK #5+ PICK
;
BINT74
SysITE
ONE
ZERO
BINT52 TestSysFlag
BINT65 TestSysFlag
IT
::
7PICK #1<> OR
;

* the next lines:
* ... correctly width for objects like DIRs, COLs (External External)
* ... forces GROB one line
BINT95 DUP TestSysFlag OBJ>R_ ( save MODE )
SetSysFlag ( set ALG mode )
FLASHPTR 002 95 ( fix the object )
BINT95 R>OBJ_ ITE SetSysFlag ClrSysFlag ( restore MODE )

UNROTDUP 6ROLL SWAP 5ROLL
ITE
FLASHPTR 002 93
FLASHPTR 002 94

4UNROLL
#-
SWAP#1+SWAP
DUP#0= [UNTIL]
* #0=UNTIL
3DROP
;
SetDA2aValid
;
;
?DispMenu
ClrDAsOK
GetKeyOb
ERRSET DoKeyOb
ERRTRAP SysErrorTrap
AGAIN
;
ERRTRAP
VLM
;

- GaaK -

GaaK

Mar 11, 2007, 3:32:25 AM3/11/07
On Mar 11, 1:40 am, "Claudio Lapilli" <pleasedonts...@isp.com> wrote:
> So, the complete solution is to patch ?DispStack in the ROM.
>
> On FPTR 2:90
>
> BINT95 TestSysFlag
> ITE
> NULL$
> ::
> 3PICK
> #:>$
> ;

Hi Claudio, my version ß2A contains the *simualtion* for ALG mode when
the object is fixed (fptr 2 95).

* the next lines:
* ... correctly width for objects like DIRs, COLs

* ... forces GROB one line
BINT95 DUP TestSysFlag OBJ>R_ ( save MODE )
SetSysFlag ( set ALG mode )
FLASHPTR 002 95 ( fix the object )
BINT95 R>OBJ_ ITE SetSysFlag ClrSysFlag ( restore MODE )

- GaaK -

Jean-Yves Avenard

Mar 11, 2007, 6:56:23 AM3/11/07
Hi Joe

Joe Horn wrote:
> Has anybody written an HP49/50 stack replacement program that shows
> the stack *without* showing the level numbers, sorta like ALG mode
> does? Losing those stack numbers would give us an extra 3 or 4
> characters per line in the regular stack, and even more in the
> interactive stack.
>
> Example: The stack usually looks like this:
>
> 5: 'FOO'
> 4: 'BAR'
> 3: 'BAM'
> 2: 'BAS'
> 1: 'BAT'
>
> but I want it to look like this:
>
> 'FOO'
> 'BAR'
> 'BAM'
> 'BAS'
> 'BAT'

I've done a version of the ROM for you that uses user flag 62 to change
those settings. Check your mail
Doing such change is trivial (and will work with HALT etc..)

Interactive stack is still with 1: 2: 3: etc... wouldn't be hard to
change it to remove the line number (30s work).

And no, I'm not working on HP anymore

Cheers
JY

Andreas Möller

Mar 11, 2007, 9:58:40 PM3/11/07
Hello Jean-Yves,

is there a way to get a "hook" into the ROM for the key processing so
that system rpl programers can circumvent some key presses and are
able to replace an existing ROM routine with their own program ?

Greetings and TIA

Andreas
http://www.software49g.gmxhome.de

Jean-Yves Avenard

Mar 12, 2007, 1:37:50 AM3/12/07
Andreas Möller wrote:
> Hello Jean-Yves,
>
> is there a way to get a "hook" into the ROM for the key processing so
> that system rpl programers can circumvent some key presses and are
> able to replace an existing ROM routine with their own program ?
>
> Greetings and TIA
you can do your own kernel in just a few lines of code...
this is what was proposed earlier.
JY

Joe Horn

Mar 12, 2007, 4:51:33 AM3/12/07
Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> I've done a version of the ROM for you that uses user flag 62 to change

> those settings. Check your mail.

Thanks! However, I can't use it, because it only works on the
emulator (which I never use) and not on the real 50g. I'll try it on
the emulator, to enjoy your handiwork.

-Joe-

Joe Horn

Mar 12, 2007, 5:16:16 AM3/12/07
GaaK wrote:

> Hi Joe, new version: (available atwww.gaak.org/hp/zips/nolevrpn49.zip)
> This version contains correction for objects like DIRS, SECOs, but the
> Graphics are shows one line.

Many thanks! I'll use this a LOT! Please send to < Joe Horn at Holy
Joe dot net > the shipping address to which you want your new HP 50g
sent.

Unfortunately, your program shows multi-line STRINGS on one line,
thereby failing in its main purpose of showing MORE of each object on
the stack. Would it be possible to handle strings separately? Other
peculiarities inherited from ALG mode include:

(1) Lists and arrays are displayed with commas between every element
if either (a) textbook mode is turned off, or (b) there are 256
elements or more in the list or array, or sufficient elements in a
matrix (depends on MEM). This is not a problem, since it doesn't cause
less information to be shown, and in fact sometimes causes MORE to be
shown. :-)

(2) Names are shown without delimiters. :-|

(3) System RPL stack mode (flag -85) no longer works at all. :-(

-Joe-

Giancarlo

Mar 12, 2007, 5:29:14 AM3/12/07
> JY- Nascondi testo tra virgolette -
>
> - Mostra testo tra virgolette -

Bonjour Jean-Yves, comment ca va?
Glad to know you're still watching over this group :)
Hope to hear from you more and more in the near future.
A +.
Giancarlo

Jean-Yves Avenard

Mar 12, 2007, 5:29:52 AM3/12/07
Joe Horn wrote:
> Thanks! However, I can't use it, because it only works on the
> emulator (which I never use) and not on the real 50g. I'll try it on
> the emulator, to enjoy your handiwork.
It will also work on a old hp49.
There are actual ways to flash the file I've sent you to a real machine
using the SD card, using the proper configuration file.

JY

Andreas Möller

Mar 12, 2007, 6:51:48 AM3/12/07
Well, yes I can start my own kernel with a loop, for example.
But, as you know, this loop will be halted as soon as I start another
POL (xHALT, xPROMPT, any build in inform box, etc.) and in that case
the built-in routines are used. So if this loop changes the behavior
of the display it won´t work.

So I would say, it is only one side of the coin.

Any suggestions to make it work if one doesn´t have the source for the
rom code ?

TIA
Andreas

GaaK

Mar 12, 2007, 7:28:27 PM3/12/07
On Mar 12, 4:16 am, "Joe Horn" <joeh...@holyjoe.net> wrote:
> Many thanks! I'll use this a LOT! Please send to < Joe Horn at Holy
> Joe dot net > the shipping address to which you want your new HP 50g
> sent.

Many thanks, I don't have 49g+ or 50G, only the old and loved 49G
(4MHz).
I'm grateful, and very happy... but from Peru :-(
Check your mail for my personal information.
Soon 'TED' for my new 50G :-)

> Unfortunately, your program shows multi-line STRINGS on one line,
> thereby failing in its main purpose of showing MORE of each object on
> the stack. Would it be possible to handle strings separately? Other
> peculiarities inherited from ALG mode include:
>
> (1) Lists and arrays are displayed with commas between every element
> if either (a) textbook mode is turned off, or (b) there are 256
> elements or more in the list or array, or sufficient elements in a
> matrix (depends on MEM). This is not a problem, since it doesn't cause
> less information to be shown, and in fact sometimes causes MORE to be
> shown. :-)
>
> (2) Names are shown without delimiters. :-|
>
> (3) System RPL stack mode (flag -85) no longer works at all. :-(

Fixed the bugs (1) (2) and (3) at www.gaak.org/hp/zips/nolevrpn49.zip
(ß3A)
>From RPN:
- multi-line STRINGS.
- Lists and arrays are not displayed with commas.
- Names are shown with delimiters.
- System RPL stack mode now works fine.

Related source:

* the next lines:
* ... correctly width for objects like DIRs, COLs (External External)
* ... forces GROB one line

* ... now works fine for CSTR, LISTs (Textbook clrd), MATRIX, ...
BINT95 TestSysFlag OBJ>R_ ( save MODE )
3PICK 'NOP EQ ( if object is NOP? )
?SKIP ( then skip )
::
BINT85 TestSysFlag ?SEMI ( if SysDisp -> end: always
RPN )
* 3PICK TYPECSTR? ?SEMI ( if object is CSTR? -> end )
{
BINT2 ( CSTR )
BINT3 ( ARRAY )
BINT4 ( MATRIX )
BINT29 ( ? )
BINT5 ( LIST )
BINT6 ( ID )
} ( {types} )
4PICK XEQTYPE COERCE SWAPDROP ( {types} #ObType )
#=POSCOMP #0<> ?SEMI ( if object str, ... -> end )
BINT95 SetSysFlag ( set ALG mode )

;
FLASHPTR 002 95 ( fix the object )
BINT95 R>OBJ_ ITE SetSysFlag ClrSysFlag ( restore MODE )

any other bug?, please report.

Cheers.
- GaaK -

Raymond Del Tondo

Mar 12, 2007, 8:37:16 PM3/12/07
Hi Andreas,

hier mal auf Deutsch, ich hatte Dir diesen Text eigentlich
als Mail gesendet, die aber gebounct ist...

Das Problem ist auch bei dieser Idee immer das selbe,
nämlich dass man nur den normalen SysOuterLoop
direkt verändern kann.

Wir hatten darüber diskutiert,
und es gab damals auch einen Lösungsansatz,
der die meisten Sonderfälle wie HALT berücksichtigen würde,
nämlich den Austausch der User Command Library 1792.
Ich hatte damit schon angefangen, es aufgrund anderer
Priortäten (SpeedUI) aber nicht weiter verfolgt..

Und zu guter Letzt:
Es handelt sich beim SysOuterLoop eben *nicht* um ein 'Kernel',
sondern 'nur' um eine Command Shell, was etwas völlig Anderes ist.
Daher ist auch der Begriff 'MetaKernel' gelinde gesagt unpassend
bzw. Propaganda, weil die MK-Shell mit dem eigentlichen Kernel
nichts zu tun hat.

Siehe auch: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betriebssystemkern

Grüsse

Raymond

"Andreas Möller" <andreas_mo...@gmx.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

John H Meyers

Mar 12, 2007, 8:48:43 PM3/12/07
The following relies on "Vectored Enter"
to display a prefix-free stack almost all the time,
including when HALTed
(after the first subsequent keyboard entry, even SPC Enter),
but then of course not while editing, nor after Errors or CANCEL
(so it's like a "musical chairs" game -- you can get one thing,
at the expense of losing another):

:: DEPTH #0=?SKIP DROP BINT95 SetSysFlag
?DispStack SetDA2Valid BINT95 ClrSysFlag ;

Compile and save in '\GbENTER' (Greek Beta),
set flags -62 and -63, and there you are.

This has the wonderful "feature" that you may at any time
use CANCEL to display stack levels, whenever you need them :)
and then any other action (or SPC Enter) to turn them off again.

[r->] [OFF]

Andreas Möller

Mar 12, 2007, 9:35:26 PM3/12/07
I´ll reply in English in case other readers are following this
discussion.
Thanks for the info. Good to read something about this technical stuff
in a language I hopefully understand better than English ;-) Thanks
for the info in German, ´cause it doesn´t get easier if two Germans
are communicating in a foreign language.
My mail-adress is still valid. Did you removed the NOSPAM?

> Wir hatten darüber diskutiert,
> und es gab damals auch einen Lösungsansatz,
> der die meisten Sonderfälle wie HALT berücksichtigen würde,
> nämlich den Austausch der User Command Library 1792.

Patching the ROM does even look easier than exchanging the whole Lib
1792.

Danke und Grüße.
Falls Dir doch noch eine einfachere Lösung in den Sinn kommt, bitte
immer her damit. Würde gern die letzte Hürde auch noch nehmen wollen.
Andreas

GaaK

Mar 15, 2007, 12:58:02 AM3/15/07
On Mar 10, 7:09 am, "Joe Horn" <joeh...@holyjoe.net> wrote:
> Example: The stack usually looks like this:
>
> 5: 'FOO'
> 4: 'BAR'
> 3: 'BAM'
> 2: 'BAS'
> 1: 'BAT'
>
> but I want it to look like this:
>
> 'FOO'
> 'BAR'
> 'BAM'
> 'BAS'
> 'BAT'

and now, imagine the "main stack" without levels and without menu,
yes, full screen.
... but the menu?, F1, F2, ... F6 keys... yep, always available, but
hidden.
Menu access: pressing [RS]+[DownArrow].

Example: The stack usually looks like this:

_________________________
|HEADER |
|-----------------------|

|5: 'FOO'|
|4: 'BAR'|
|3: 'BAM'|
|2: 'BAS'|
|1: 'BAT'|

|### ### ### ### ### ###|
-------------------------

new stack idea:
==============
_________________________
|HEADER |
|-----------------------|
|6: 'Extra1'|

|5: 'FOO'|
|4: 'BAR'|
|3: 'BAM'|
|2: 'BAS'|
|1: 'BAT'|

-------------------------

and, without header:
===================
_________________________
|8: 'Extra3'|
|7: 'Extra2'|
|6: 'Extra1'|

|5: 'FOO'|
|4: 'BAR'|
|3: 'BAM'|
|2: 'BAS'|
|1: 'BAT'|

-------------------------

available soon...

- GaaK -
P.S. my problem is the CommandLine :-(

GaaK

Mar 15, 2007, 4:10:45 AM3/15/07
On Mar 14, 11:58 pm, "GaaK" <Comp...@gaak.org> wrote:
> available soon...
>
> - GaaK -
> P.S. my problem is the CommandLine :-(

Desc
====
Display without level numbers and without menu.

Screenshot (temp)
=========
www.gaak.org/hp/temp50g.gif

HEX-Data (to compile: H->)
========
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

Bug
===
with the CommandLine

Please
======
I need name for the two programs :-(
.1. 'NoLevRPN' (No Levels RPN)
.2. 'FSR' (Full Stack Replacement)
suggestions?...

- GaaK -

John H Meyers

Mar 15, 2007, 4:41:57 AM3/15/07
On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 03:10:45 -0500, GaaK wrote:

> HEX-Data (to compile: H->)

[extremely long line, too long for NNTP server, also without checksum]

Here's a suggestion for posting in hex for HP49G[+]/50G/48Gii,
in a manner which avoids long lines and includes a checksum:

ASCI and ASCO (like HP48 ASC) for HP49G[+]/50G/48Gii
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp48/msg/8ad9a09874a2d1c1

[r->] [OFF]

GaaK

Apr 4, 2007, 12:17:05 PM4/4/07

Thanks and sorry, now available at my site.

- GaaK -

GaaK

Apr 4, 2007, 12:22:32 PM4/4/07
On 12 mar, 11:16, "Joe Horn" <joeh...@holyjoe.net> wrote:
> Many thanks! I'll use this a LOT! Please send to < Joe Horn at Holy
> Joe dot net > the shipping address to which you want your new HP 50g
> sent.

My Hp-50g arrived. Yesterday I got my new calculator.

Date: April 02, 2007
Time: 11.03 (GMT -5)

The pack contains:
- 01 Manual
- 01 CD-ROM
- 01 Case
- 01 USB cable
- 01 CR2032 (bat)
- 04 AAA (bat)
- 01 HP-50g

thanks Joe ;-)

Bonus: new FSR added (Full Stack Replacement)

FSR clear menu and stack level numbers.
To view the MENU press [RS]+[Down].
To exit press [ON] twice.

If editLine exists then MENU is enabled.

download: www.gaak.org/hp/zips/nolevrpn49.zip

Cheers.
- GaaK -

Joe Horn

Apr 7, 2007, 8:46:41 AM4/7/07
GaaK wrote:

> Bonus: new FSR added (Full Stack Replacement)
>
> FSR clear menu and stack level numbers.
> To view the MENU press [RS]+[Down].
> To exit press [ON] twice.
>
> If editLine exists then MENU is enabled.

Every attempt I've made to run FSR has caused an instantaneous Memory
Clear. It looks like it uses several unsupported entry points,
including the following (in the order used):

PTR 2F3AA
PTR 2A32D
PTR 2A28C
GOVLNG 031B1
PTR 2B8BE
PTR 2B8E6
PTR 2A346
PTR 22CD3

Bad upload? Bad download?

-Joe-

GaaK

Apr 8, 2007, 7:38:50 PM4/8/07
On 7 abr, 07:46, "Joe Horn" <joeh...@holyjoe.net> wrote:
> GaaKwrote:

?? ... not for me... downloading again is Ok.

BYTES: #8EECh 549.5

MASD Code:
!NO CODE
!RPL

::
xRCLF
InitSysUI
::
INCOMPDROP
STOALLFcont2_
BEGIN
AtUserStack
SysMenuCheck

PTR 2A32D
::
EditLExists?
IT
CODE 0001B 1321B82100317314C1308D94150
DispCommandLine
;
?DispStatus
::
PTR 2A28C
::
TOADISP
BINT1
::
StackLineHeight
EditLExists?
?SKIP
#8+
CommandLineHeight
CODE 00028 1331F0CE08147131808B2C034701331458D1B130
#=case
3DROP
DUP4UNROLL
#-

SCANFONT
BEGIN
DUP
NULL$
4PICK
#6+
DEPTH
#>ITE
'NOP
::
4PICK
#5+
PICK
;
BINT74
SysITE

BINT1
BINT0
BINT52
TestSysFlag
ARRYREAL

TestSysFlag
IT
::
7PICK
#1<>
OR
;

BINT95
TestSysFlag
OBJ>R_
3PICK
'NOP
EQ
?SKIP
::
2LIST
TestSysFlag
?SEMI
{
BINT2
BINT3
BINT4
BINT29
BINT5
BINT6
}
4PICK
XEQTYPE
COERCE
SWAPDROP
#=POSCOMP
#0<>
?SEMI
BINT95
SetSysFlag
;
FPTR 2 95

BINT95
R>OBJ_
ITE
SetSysFlag
ClrSysFlag

UNROTDUP
6ROLL
SWAP
5ROLL
EditLExists?
CODE 000CB
8428F86A435508528F86A434606A708FD5F30068FB97601B2B22810007D5CA340400082480B83460310586280818FA7E21FD8608143C6CAF2CA131D9C6F2C9C98FC0760D4118CA8DC75308FD5F30100068FB97601BDF818142342B228C4C2F0C21341106D6F

4UNROLL
#-
SWAP#1+SWAP
DUP#0=
UNTIL

3DROP
;
SetDA2aValid
;
;
EditLExists?
?SKIP
CODE 0001B 1321B8210031F314C1308D94150
PTR 2A346
::
BINT0
BINT1
GETDF
DoLabel
BINT22
BINT2
GETDF
DoLabel
BINT44
BINT3
GETDF
DoLabel
BINT66
BINT4
GETDF
DoLabel
BINT88
BINT5
GETDF
DoLabel
BINT110
BINT6
GETDF
DoLabel
PTR 22CD3
SetDA3Valid
;

ClrDAsOK
GetKeyOb
ERRSET
DoKeyOb
ERRTRAP
SysErrorTrap
AGAIN
;
ERRTRAP
VLM
;

@

Cheers.
- GaaK -

Joe Horn

Apr 9, 2007, 5:00:56 AM4/9/07
GaaK wrote:

>> Bad upload? Bad download?

> ?? ... not for me... downloading again is Ok.

Your program uses PTR 22CD3, which works in ROM version 2.09,
but it causes an instant Memory Clear in ROM version 2.10-7.

The code that you wish to call has moved to address 22CD2 in ROM
2.10-7.
It's unsupported and should not be called by address. It's the final
command
in the supported word "DispMenu.1".

I poked 22CD2 into my copy of your program, and it works great! But
of course
it's not portable to my other machines, each of which has a different
ROM version.
Can it be made fully portable?

Thanks again!

-Joe-

GaaK

Apr 9, 2007, 2:35:01 PM4/9/07
On 9 abr, 04:00, "Joe Horn" <joeh...@holyjoe.net> wrote:
> GaaKwrote:

...sorry ... sorry. this entry works only in ROM 2.09 (no other).

the replacement for any ROM:
CODE
LC(5) (=DispMenu.1)+150
CD0EX