Can't restore factory libraries

Ben

Sep 18, 2006, 12:41:28 AM9/18/06
I purged libs 226 and227 and can't get them reinstalled even after
reinstalling the newest OS update. What do I do ?

Zeno

Sep 18, 2006, 12:45:05 AM9/18/06
In article <1158554488.2...@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, Ben
<b...@benwoodward.com> wrote:

> I purged libs 226 and227 and can't get them reinstalled even after
> reinstalling the newest OS update. What do I do ?

What exactly did you do that did not work?

Did you use the 'file manager" to copy the LIBs to Port 2??

Ben

Sep 18, 2006, 12:51:22 AM9/18/06
I just reinstalled the newest OS.I can't find the libraries in file
manager. I tried :2:226 STO but got an error message. Thanks, Ben.

Avatar_e

Sep 18, 2006, 1:00:07 AM9/18/06
Hi Ben, new 50g / 49g+ libraries are here:
http://erwin.ried.cl/files/articles/hp_files/hp50g_eqlibs.rar

download, tranfer and copy to your port2

Veli-Pekka Nousiainen

Sep 18, 2006, 2:26:53 AM9/18/06

You mean:
use FILER to MOVE to port 2

Jean-Yves Avenard

Sep 18, 2006, 5:21:41 AM9/18/06
latest version, including Periodic Table of element is available here:
http://www.hydrix.com/Download/Hp/4950Libraries/

JY

rsch...@comcast.net

Sep 18, 2006, 7:56:05 AM9/18/06

Thanks Jean-Yves!

Scott Chapin

rsch...@comcast.net

Sep 18, 2006, 7:56:08 AM9/18/06

Thanks Jean-Yves!

Scott Chapin

John H Meyers

Sep 18, 2006, 3:51:09 PM9/18/06
On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 23:41:28 -0500, Ben wrote:

> I purged libs 226 and227 and can't get them reinstalled
> even after reinstalling the newest OS update.

The newest OS update replaces only the calculator OS
(which is otherwise hidden from access);
unlike some older (or unofficial) 49G+ updates,
which wiped away an entire user flash bank on each update,
the new update does not automatically store any other libraries,
nor is there any need to replace the Equation libraries,
once you have ever acquired the independent versions
dated February 28 2006 (which already came with the first
retail HP50G) whose sizes and checksums (from BYTES command
or filer) are { 57496.5 #FF37h } and { 11307 #34B4h }

HP's own official ROM update now has these separate
libraries in its zip file, however, which you can transfer
(by cable or by SD card) to a calculator port (2, 1, or 0,
but usually port 2 since it's both most permanent and most roomy).

Best wishes from http://www.mum.edu
and http://www.maharishischooliowa.org