STO

Seth Arnold

Jun 6, 1994, 9:15:00 PM6/6/94
Hey folks. I got to thinking one day, I wanted a TAGGED object stored, with
its tag. Is there any known repercussions involving this? I could re-write
pretty easily HP's STO program, and store it in a library, and use it
everywhere else, but if it can crash my baby...

Thanks all.

Oh, should I post the FAQ again in another two weeks?

seth....@p2.f240.n105.z1.fidonet.org

John B. Call

Jun 11, 1994, 10:15:25 AM6/11/94
In article <2t5j4u$f...@beacon.dev.com>, Seth....@p2.f240.n105.z1.fidonet.org (Seth Arnold) writes:

> I wanted a TAGGED object stored, with its tag.
> Is there any known repercussions involving this?
> I could re-write pretty easily HP's STO program,
> and store it in a library, and use it everywhere else,
> but if it can crash my baby...

To store a TAGGED object use the sysRPL command ?STO_HERE (actually
almost any sysRPL storage command will work, but this one is generally
more user friendly). If you want to use this from within a user RPL
program it can be accessed using the following SYSEVAL:

#18513h SYSEVAL @ call ?STO_HERE from user RPL

You can easily write a little program such as:

\<< #18513h SYSEVAL \>>

which will save a tagged object. To test it try

2: Tagged object--or any object, just like STO
1: name of global variable

evaluate the program.

Is it safe? It works fine on the HP48SX and HP48G since ?STO_HERE is
a supported entry point (and since I tested it on both).

Will it crash your baby...? Until you try you'll never really know, will you?

John
email jbc...@ee.utah.edu