Wish list, touch screen and pen based HP48sx!!!!!

1 view

$li...@brandonu.ca

Apr 14, 1992, 10:33:48 PM4/14/92
I would like the next generation of the HP48sx to have a touch screen.
My idea is that the whole calculator is simply a touch screen with a few
function keys and smooth cursor keys (just like the flat-joystick on a
NenTinDo family game). There is no key label because the screen that correspond
to a key will print out the function of the key. Thus, the new HP48sx only has
the cursor key, on/off key, alpha key, left/right shift key, all other keys are
in the form of touch screen. This will save a lot of space and enlarge the
screen a lot. Something like the newest pen-based laptop computer. If possible,
a touch pen on the HP48sx screen is better than a 'MoUsE' ball under the HP48sx.
Besides, the new HP48sx should be able to view horizontally or vertically. I
mean you can hold the HP48sx vertically just like a calculator and hold it
horizontally on both hands like a palmtop. No more template, the touch will
change the key layout according to the programs. You may program a touch screen
with [SIN] [COS] key together with another touch screen with standard typewriter
style keyboard or an APL keyboard.

Think about it!