CST Menu

Richard Menedetter

Jan 28, 2001, 12:43:12 PM1/28/01
Hi

Is it possible to have a submenu in the custom (CST) menu ??
Eg like the vectr menu in the mth menu ?

If yes, how can I jump up again ... eg from vectr menu back to mth ?

Thank you in advance

CU, Ricsi

--
|~)o _ _o Richard Menedetter <ri...@bigfoot.com> {ICQ: 7659421} (PGP)
|~\|(__\| -=> If you can see the floor, it doesn't need to cleaning <=-

Joseph K. Horn

Jan 28, 2001, 4:51:26 PM1/28/01
Richard Menedetter wrote:

> Is it possible to have a submenu in the custom (CST) menu ??

Yes. Here's one way to do it: simply create a directory, put its name
in your CST list, and then put another 'CST' variable in that directory.
The "UP" key will work as expected. Simple, powerful, nestable, and
fully customizable.

Hope this helps!

-Joe-

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

François Even

Jan 28, 2001, 6:25:42 PM1/28/01
you could use the "MENU" command to reproduce a tree menu, (ex: << {{hello
<< {hi} MENU >>} how are you} MENU >>) If you want to jump back again...
well, you always can use the last menu key... (on HP48: 26.3 key) or
implement a routine in your menu's...

francois.

"Richard Menedetter" <ri...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

Richard Menedetter

Jan 28, 2001, 6:31:37 PM1/28/01
Hi

28 Jan 2001, Joseph K. Horn <joe...@jps.net> wrote:

>> Is it possible to have a submenu in the custom (CST) menu ??

JH> Yes. Here's one way to do it: simply create a directory, put its
JH> name in your CST list, and then put another 'CST' variable in that
JH> directory.
OK ... I already figured out this myself ;)
Thanx very much anyways !
Isn't there another possibility without leaving my current dir ?

JH> The "UP" key will work as expected. Simple, powerful,
JH> nestable, and fully customizable.
I have used HOME, beacause I didn't know the command for up ...
('up' does not work, 'home' does, and I was in a first level dir anyways ;)

I just tried, that you can use more than 6 entries, and that the next key
works as expected ... GREAT ;)

I love my HP48G+ :)))
(it's the same as with the C64 ... amazing what people are able to do with
these limited ressources ;)

JH> -Joe-

CU, Ricsi

--
|~)o _ _o Richard Menedetter <ri...@bigfoot.com> {ICQ: 7659421} (PGP)

|~\|(__\| -=> Consciousness: that annoying time between naps <=-

Richard Menedetter

Jan 28, 2001, 6:44:10 PM1/28/01
Hi

28 Jan 2001, Joseph K. Horn <joe...@jps.net> wrote:

>> Is it possible to have a submenu in the custom (CST) menu ??

Stefan Ehlen

Jan 28, 2001, 6:45:49 PM1/28/01
Joseph K. Horn <joe...@jps.net> writes:

> Richard Menedetter wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to have a submenu in the custom (CST) menu ??
>
> Yes. Here's one way to do it: simply create a directory, put its name
> in your CST list, and then put another 'CST' variable in that directory.
> The "UP" key will work as expected. Simple, powerful, nestable, and
> fully customizable.
>
> Hope this helps!

Would'nt this mean to change the working directory from within the CST
menu? So if you do something using submenu 1 and store the result and
then use submenu 2 and store this result, too, the results would be
located in different directories, right?

As I understand the question, Richard wants something different, for
example: the CST menu has some 'top level' entries like
"formulas", "constants" and "units". Pressing one of the corresponding
buttons brings up a list of e.g. formulas WITHOUT changing the working
dir.

This can be done,too, although its more clumsy. Here is an example:

{ { "Functions"
\<< { { "HMyIx" HMyIx
} { "H" ENTROPIE }
{ "ld" { ld } } {
"sin" { sin } } {
"rect" { REC } } }
TMENU
\>> } STD { "ENG"
\<< 3 ENG
\>> } { "\->LIST" \->LIST
} { "OBJ\->" OBJ\-> }
CRDIR }

"TMENU" does the trick.

Hope this helps, too

CU
Stefan

Raymond Hellstern

Jan 29, 2001, 1:51:48 AM1/29/01

>I have used HOME, beacause I didn't know the command for up ...
>('up' does not work, 'home' does, and I was in a first level dir anyways ;)

the command is spelled UPDIR ;-)

Cheers,

Raymond

Richard Menedetter

Jan 29, 2001, 6:41:54 PM1/29/01
Hi

29 Jan 2001, Stefan Ehlen <de...@unseen.saw.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

SE> As I understand the question, Richard wants something different,
I'm glad about any solution ...
but yes ... I was looking for a solution like yours

SE> for example: the CST menu has some 'top level' entries like
SE> "formulas", "constants" and "units". Pressing one of the
SE> corresponding buttons brings up a list of e.g. formulas WITHOUT
SE> changing the working dir.
yes ... exactly

SE> This can be done,too, although its more clumsy. Here is an example:

SE> { { "Functions"
SE> \<< { { "HMyIx" HMyIx
SE> } { "H" ENTROPIE }
SE> { "ld" { ld } } {
SE> "sin" { sin } } {
SE> "rect" { REC } } }
SE> TMENU
\>>> } STD { "ENG"
SE> \<< 3 ENG
\>>> } { "\->LIST" \->LIST
SE> } { "OBJ\->" OBJ\-> }
SE> CRDIR }

SE> "TMENU" does the trick.
I guess this is the temporary menu as written in the manual - GREAT !

I have to admit that I don't understand the example fully.
(Could you explain it ... specially the List and Obj references ?
maybe in private email ?)

SE> Hope this helps, too
YES !!!

SE> CU
SE> Stefan

CU, Ricsi

--
|~)o _ _o Richard Menedetter <ri...@bigfoot.com> {ICQ: 7659421} (PGP)

|~\|(__\| -=> If it has feelings, it's not cooked enough! <=-

John H Meyers

Jan 30, 2001, 5:42:28 AM1/30/01

> { ... { "\->LIST" \->LIST } { "OBJ\->" OBJ\-> } ... } [T]MENU

Shortcut:

Built-in commands and functions
automatically display their own names in menus,
so { ... \->LIST OBJ\-> ... } suffices.

With best wishes from: John H Meyers <jhme...@mum.edu>

Carlos Rodríguez Láiz

Feb 2, 2001, 8:48:14 AM2/2/01
"François Even" escribió:

> you could use the "MENU" command to reproduce a tree menu, (ex: << {{hello
> << {hi} MENU >>} how are you} MENU >>) If you want to jump back again...

That wouldn'y work, because each MENU call makes a new (well, in fact it
overwrites the existing one) CST variable.
The way is as Stefan Ehlen proposed.
Richard, the simplifyed form is this: (Note that I write << , >> , etc.
without any symbol)
{
{
"Formulas"
<<
{
{
"Pitagoras"
'h^2=a^2+b^2
}
{
"Other formula"
'a+b=c-d'
}
}
TMENU

}
{
"Units"
<<
{
{
"meter"
1_m
}
{
"kilograme"
1_kg
}
}
TMENU

}
{
"Phones"
<<
{
{
"Sam"
1234567
}
{
"Mary"
7654321
}
}
TMENU

}
}

Then you store this into the CST variable and you are done. Or else (It's the
same thing), put that list on the stack and type MENU. Then the list is stored
in the CST var and the menu is shown.

François Even

Feb 2, 2001, 9:08:41 AM2/2/01
yes, of course, TMENU... Sorry for that mistake :)
"Carlos Rodríguez Láiz" <cc1...@zeppelin.aero.upm.es> wrote in message