Damaged LCD

Hariel

Dec 4, 2021, 7:21:11 AM12/4/21
Hi everyone, my hp48SX has a dark LCD almost without any contrast. Plus it got a vertical dark ribbon in the middle of a display and (yep more), a dead pixel line in the horizontal.
Do you know where I can find a new display for it ? (or at least a refurbished one in good condition)?

Irl

Dec 4, 2021, 10:43:50 AM12/4/21
I wonder whether it's just poor contact between the driver and the display. Poor contrast could be a bad ground contact and missing columns/rows could be poor contacts with the corresponding pads. I don't know whether the display is contacted with some kind of pressure-sensitive pad rather than a soldered connection to the driver, but if that is the case then disassembly and contact cleaning might help. I hope someone who actually knows how it's constructed will chime in here.