Is PC connection to HP 3000 922LX possible??

Ollie Strickland

Dec 8, 2003, 3:42:48 AM12/8/03
Greetings,

A client of mine is running an HP 3000 922LX with an HP 2345A
Distributed Terminal Controller. The DTC is connected to about a dozen
HP dumb terminals with DB-25 male connectors. I have not assessed the
OS situation on the 922LX.

My question: can I dump the HP dumb terminals and emulate them on
Windows XP with Hyperterminal or some other application? If this is
possible I'm guessing I would just use the equivalent pin-out for a DB-9
female and connect to a standard PC serial port.

If anyone has an input on this I would appreciate hearing it.

Thanks,
Ollie
newsr...@nospam.bitstreamllc.com

Mark Undrill

Dec 8, 2003, 7:14:32 AM12/8/03

"Ollie Strickland" <newsr...@nospam.bitstreamllc.com> wrote in message

Yes you can dump the dumb terminals and replace them with a terminal
emulator. HP Terminals aren't so dumb so Hyperterminal most probably won't
hack it. There are a number of HP terminal emulators available ranging in
price from free to lots. The main players are, in no special order:

www.wrq.com/products/reflection
www.screenjet.com (follow the link for terminal emulation)
http://aics-research.com/qcterm
www.minisoft.com

You can continue connecting to the 922LX via a serial connection to the DTC.
If you are running a LAN you can put the 922LX on the LAN and connect to it
that way.

Regards

--
Mark Undrill
Affirm Limited

Ollie Strickland

Dec 8, 2003, 11:11:25 AM12/8/03
Thank you Mark, that is what I wanted to hear.

Ollie

In article <br1qgt$27bb20$1...@ID-167822.news.uni-berlin.de>,
ma...@affirm.co.uk says...