cd-writer problems

瀏覽次數:1 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

El Gran Cantinflas

未讀,
2003年12月17日 中午12:34:252003/12/17
收件者:
Hello,
I am having a problem writing cd's. I have an Hp Pavillion 750c, or
950c, somethin' or other. The number isn't important I think. About 6
months ago the "cd-writer plus" that came with the machine started
acting up, and would begin to write an audio cd, but only get halfway
through one song, then quit for no apparent reason. I tried to rectify
this by reinstalling drivers, reinstalling writing software packages,
etc. I finally decided that something was wrong with the laser, or
hardware of the device. I had an extra cd-writer lying around...an "hp
cd-writer 9500 series", so 2 days ago I removed the "plus" and installed
the 9500, but it does the same thing, starts to write, then quits. I
also tried the software theory again, and it performs equally poorly. I
have set the write speeds in these programs to appropriate settings, so
I don't think it's "User error", and both cd-writers can always read a
cd, just not write more than 30 seconds of one. Maybe it's the ASPI
settings or something? I don't know where to go from here.

thanks in advance

ref

El Gran Cantinflas

未讀,
2003年12月19日 下午1:17:292003/12/19
收件者:
It was the cd cable.
Thanks for nuthin'!

ref

~. * .~

未讀,
2004年2月8日 晚上8:03:272004/2/8
收件者:

"El Gran Cantinflas" <1...@456.com> wrote in message

> Hello,
> I am having a problem writing cd's. I have an Hp Pavillion 750c, or
> 950c, somethin' or other.
===============
We're having a similar problem with a Pavilion a250n. HP is having us
ship it back for repairs since it's still under warranty. We've had
nothing BUT problems with this PC since we bought it. This is the LAST HP
we'll ever own.
--
FL......
My webpages:

Ben Myers

未讀,
2004年2月8日 晚上8:49:402004/2/8
收件者:
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

Be prepared for the strong possibility that your system will come back to you
with its hard drive scrubbed clean and reloaded with software exactly as it left
the "factory" (actually an assembly line).

This means... Secure your personal data by saving it somewhere. Make sure you
have all the media you used to install whatever software you added. Be prepared
to install all Windows updates again.

More often than not, the name brand computer manufacturers do this when you
return a system under warranty, and they give you no guarantee that they will
NOT wipe out your data and programs. You may even receive a different system
than the one you sent back, which is consistent with their warranty provisions.

... Ben Myers

Bill Wolff

未讀,
2004年3月2日 下午2:15:542004/3/2
收件者:

CD burning is all about timing! As once the CD burning starts, it can't
stop and backup if your computer just happens to get too busy doing
something else. And I have three CD-RW drives (all different models) and
copying audio CDs seems to be the hardest to recreate. But even data CDs
can have problems too.

This has nothing to do with HP CD burners (as other manufactures have
the same problem). And the CD burning can and often results in gaps with
the recording. This is because of the technology that CD burners use.
And reducing the background tasks and sometimes lowering the write speed
is your only hope to get a good copy at times.

Although these problems are gone under the newest technology called
"lossless" technology. As this technology can handle timing delays and
can backup so not to leave any gaps in the recording (burning). So you
end up with a perfect copy the first and every time. And these things
are really great!

Unfortunately, they don't put this technology into any CD burner that I
know of. As it is only found in DVD+RW burners. But they burn CDs just
fine as well. So I don't blame HP computers or their hardware like some
of you do. As I blame the poor standard that was set for CD burning in
the first place. And that is the real problem.

Bill

"El Gran Cantinflas" <1...@456.com> wrote in message

0 則新訊息