HP jetdirect 300x/500x IPP printing delays

JM

Nov 20, 2003, 12:06:06 AM11/20/03
Hello All,

I have 10 window 2000 print queues connected to remote HP 300X print servers
using IPP. I been experiencing delay sending print jobs randomly. The
delay ranges from 30 seconds to 20 minutes however the emails to same
remote locations make it within seconds.

I am using HP-IPC port to connect to remote printer across http proxy. The
print queues are connected using following format:
http://remoteIP:631/ipp/port1

The http proxy logs http 503 and 500 errors related to IPP destinations.

Trying to figure how to go about troubleshooting this issue and also provide
some method of troubleshooting.

Any suggestions? TIA!