RP33440 no CPU detected

e...@fastmail.fm

Jul 18, 2019, 9:19:13 PM7/18/19
Hi everyone

So I have picked up an RP3440 that can't see the CPU. On the MP System Status it shows no processor in slot 0 or 1.

In the system logs I see the following

"A failure has occurred with a CPU during early selftests"

I therefore tried replacing the CPU with another but I get the same result. I have also tried putting the CPUs in Slot 1 just to see if it would detect. Nothing.

I am aware that CPU's are licensed in these units but thought that was only for the second socket....also being a RP3440 I have assumed that it is licensed for the second socket...is there something obvious I have to do here?

From a diagnosic perspective all I have is the MP console over serial or via the web browser.
Without CPU it wont boot a CD.

appreciate any thoughts/ideas on what to try.

Cheers

Richard