What's a "Mopier"?

Anonymous

May 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/12/98

Pardon me, but nowhere in the documentation for these new HP LaserJet
5si/5si MX printers does it say what meant by the term "mopier" even
though the term is used freely.

Couldn't find it in the dictionary, either. Any ideas?

P.S. It prints fine now that I ran the set up from the CD.

Robert Thornton

May 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/24/98

Multiple
Original
Prints

As opposed to copier.

Robert

wwo...@yahoo.com

Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98

At one time HP had a URL on a web site that said what a Mopier was. My best
recollection was that it was "multiple original prints," since it allows a
print job to be sent over a network once to the printer's hard drive, which is
used to make as many copies as requested.

I have found an HP URL at
http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpl03127.html entitled
"Mopier Definitions" that has a brief definition. You should be able to get a
little more information by doing a search for mopier from that page.

Hope this helps.

Bill

wwo...@yahoo.com

Jun 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/1/98