HP All-In-One Laserjet 3390 Printer - No IP Address - DHCP

kise...@bellsouth.net

Jan 24, 2009, 10:23:19 AM1/24/09
Below find the solution to my previous posting.

The symptoms were as follows:

My HP 3390 printer stopped working as a network printer but continued
working via USB port. According to the printers network report, the
printer had no IP address and instead reported IP_ADDRESS=Configuring.
Since that time numerous printing jobs have failed (as reported
through XP print utility) and had to be restarted.

The following cleared up the IP address issue and I am no longer
getting print errors.

Thanks to the person who sent me the solution:

<BEGIN>

This should fix your problem

This is not the factory default from the menu but one step
beyond......

Try performing an NVRAM reset. An NVRAM initialization will
return the following device settings to the factory-set defaults:

All menu settings, including the fax header and company name
Fax numbers and names that are associated with one-touch keys and
speed-dial codes
Additionally, all faxes stored in memory are cleared.

To perform a NVRAM initialization

1. Turn off the device.
2. Simultaneously press and hold the Enter button and the * button,
and then turn on the device.
3. Wait until the message Permanent storage init. appears, and then
release the Enter and * buttons.

Printer is working again and tcpip settings are active again.

Good luck!
<end>

goodkarma

Dec 27, 2011, 5:44:08 PM12/27/11

I just want to thank the person who both forwarded you the solution and
also thank the person who posted it. I thought that my printer was done
for and would have to go out and get a new one.

The solution totally worked without issues. I just had to delete the old
printer.

All is good thank you again.

spkum...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2014, 4:57:22 AM1/10/14
Thanks a lot!! the above steps worked... :)

curtis...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2016, 2:12:32 PM3/29/16
ditto this worked for me too

aegir...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2016, 1:00:06 AM10/21/16
Thanks you all for sharing this.Really helped.

Jean-Luc Gauvreau

Jul 4, 2021, 5:32:38 PM7/4/21
Thanks for your instructions on how to reset the NVRAM. The printer is now able to print again.