Over a month old HP OfficeJet Pro 8028e printer's document feeder doesn't always detect papers to copy and scan.

Ant

Jul 14, 2022, 9:52:52 PM7/14/22
When it does work, then its screen will say detected and make a sound.
Most of the time, it doesn't. Does anyone else have this problem too?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
So many issues, spams, craziness, known people's deaths, etc. :( A quiet week? :O
| |o o| |

Marco Moock

Jul 15, 2022, 2:32:01 AM7/15/22
Am Donnerstag, 14. Juli 2022, um 20:52:46 Uhr schrieb Ant:

> Most of the time, it doesn't. Does anyone else have this problem too?

I don't have that MFC.
Is it normal paper or extra low weight paper?
Is it normal A4 format (is the format of your paper the same as the
feeder)?

Ant

Jul 15, 2022, 2:55:15 PM7/15/22
Just US standard and legal so far.
--
Thursday was mostly quiet until mid afternoon. :O

Marco Moock

Jul 16, 2022, 1:52:37 AM7/16/22
Am Freitag, 15. Juli 2022, um 13:55:09 Uhr schrieb Ant:

> Just US standard and legal so far.

OK, is your printer configured to use that?
Some can be changed to other formats.

It it is the case, you printer may be broken.

Ant

Jul 16, 2022, 3:04:48 AM7/16/22
In alt.comp.periphs.printers Marco Moock <mo...@posteo.de> wrote:
> Am Freitag, 15. Juli 2022, um 13:55:09 Uhr schrieb Ant:

> > Just US standard and legal so far.

> OK, is your printer configured to use that?
> Some can be changed to other formats.

Yes by adjusting the physical feeder width. Unless I am missing something.

> It it is the case, you printer may be broken.

Ugh.