HP PC Windows XP recovery stalling out

1 view

bikenraider99

Sep 25, 2008, 1:27:11 AM9/25/08
Good evening. The unfortunate has happened and I'm having to use the
XP recovery console for my a320N. I'm getting several errors that
seem to stop the recovery when it's in the "Copy File" portion of the
recovery. I'm getting the error when I use the recovery console
partition and when I use the recovery disks. It's telling me that a
series of files could not be copied. I'm starting to think there are
corrupt sectors on the hard drive itself, but not sure because the
hard drive formatting doesn't stall out. Any ideas folks?

clc...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2008, 8:26:43 PM10/13/08

Guess what? I have exact same problem!A friend's PC crashed which I am
fixing it right now. I had no choice but to reformat HD. I create
recovery DVD. format HD and now I am stuck. HP says I need to get new
set from 3rd party vendor as they do not sale anymore! Any luck with
you yet?