Ebay: MicroVAX II BA23 Rack 12MB RD53 2xM2322K TS05 TK50 VT100 Spares/Docs

Jeff Shirley

Mar 2, 2020, 9:45:41 PM3/2/20
Greetings.

This is another system I restored in the early 90s. It was in storage for
about 20 years until our unit was burglarized and I had to move everything
out. Id like this to go to a good home, hopefully to someone who will have
as much fun playing with it as I did. Other than the TS05 (see listing)
the system was functional when it was put in storage, but the only thing
Ive done since moving it out is clean off the dust (it has not been powered
up). The starting bid is set at $50. The system includes the following:

* MicroVAX II System Unit, BA23 Rack Mount Chassis
* RD53 Disk Drive
* TK50 Tape Drive
* MDB 22-bit Q-bus Enclosure (Empty)
* TS05 9-Track Tape Drive
* (2) Fujitsu M2322K SMD Drives, System Industries Enclosure
* VT100 Video Terminal

See item number 223934690818 (http://ebay.us/sXc2R8?cmpnId=5338273189) for
the rest of the description (system configuration, spare parts, and manuals).
Please pass the word if you know of anyone who may be interested.

Jeff.

--
Jeff Shirley
nos...@nospam.com

Marc J.

Mar 3, 2020, 2:33:50 AM3/3/20
Le 03/03/2020 à 03:45, Jeff Shirley a écrit :

> See item number 223934690818 (http://ebay.us/sXc2R8?cmpnId=5338273189)

> Please pass the word if you know of anyone who may be interested.
>
> Jeff.

Why should we promote your ebay sale?

Richard

Mar 3, 2020, 12:42:27 PM3/3/20

"Marc J." <ma...@retronik.fr> spake the secret code
<5e5e085d$0$4044$426a...@news.free.fr> thusly:
I've scheduled a coal delivery to you for December 25th.
The Terminals Wiki <http://terminals-wiki.org>
The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>
Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>

Robert Jones

Mar 3, 2020, 11:34:28 PM3/3/20
Looks like a great system. I'm in the LA area, so hopefully I'll have a chance to get it.

Andy Valencia

Mar 4, 2020, 9:40:00 AM3/4/20
> >Why should we promote your ebay sale?
> I've scheduled a coal delivery to you for December 25th.

I'm pretty sensitive to anything with a whiff of spam, and
a single post to what is actually a pretty cool-looking
collection didn't offend me in the slightest.

Hope your sale goes well!

Andy

Jeff Shirley

Mar 8, 2020, 2:48:03 PM3/8/20
To anybody offended that I've listed this stuff on Ebay and mentioned it here,
I apologize. I collected DEC stuff from the mid 80s until about 2000. I had
it all in storage until recently when our unit was burglarized and I had to
move everything out. The house it is now stored at is going up for sale in
July.

I haven't done anything with this stuff in years. I wanted it to go to people
who appreciate it as much as I do, rather than the scrap metal dealer or local
precious metals recovery guy (sorry Chris!). I have a lot of stuff, and not a
lot of time, and this is really the only way I know to find new homes for it.

Jeff.

--
Jeff Shirley

Robert Jones

Mar 8, 2020, 7:18:22 PM3/8/20
If this group isn't about keeping these boxes out of the landfill, I don't know what it is about. I don't think it should end up being a duplicate of ebay, but when complete systems (especially the larger ones) are available, I'd like to see them announced here.

Rob