Problem starting up DS10L

Joukj

Nov 20, 2020, 7:38:19 AM11/20/20
Hi All,

I have 2 DS10L machines siffering from the same problem:
-I can power them up by pusing the power button
-After a few seconds the graphic card (in my case a ELSA-Gloria)
announces it self on the VGA-monitor
-The screen becomes blue
-A message appears
initializing Gsc/FRA at .....
-the machine powers itself off

What can be the problem with these machines?

Jouk

John H. Reinhardt

Nov 21, 2020, 12:33:53 PM11/21/20
Probably the first thing to check is that all the fans run when the power switch is on. If any don't, that's enough to cause a shut down. Also watch the LED's on the front. One indicates a fan problem - It's the one right in the middle. If it doesn't go off then the RMC thinks there is a fan problem.

MANX has a selection of DS10 documents which may prove hand if you don't already have them.

<https://manx-docs.org/search.php?cp=1&q=DS10>

I referenced EK-DS10S-CR.B01 AlphaServer DS10 Console Reference for the info I just gave you.
Also good is the EK-ADS10-IP.A01 AlphaServer DS10 IPB (Illustrated Parts Breakdown) for when you need repair parts

--
John H. Reinhardt

Joukj

Nov 23, 2020, 2:46:12 AM11/23/20
Thanks that helped. One of the connectors for the fans on the
motherboard was not connected well ( at least for the machine I just tested)

Regards
Jouk

Three Jeeps

Nov 23, 2020, 9:21:30 PM11/23/20