74–42449–01

Ed Rahn

Sep 7, 2021, 11:02:01 PM9/7/21
Anyone know where I can get this, it's a mounting bracket for a CDROM. I've only been able to find one. But I'm looking to shop around.

thanks,
Ed

Crabs

Sep 10, 2021, 11:45:29 AM9/10/21
It'll be easier to find it if you tell us what box it goes into.

'Crabs

Ed Rahn

Sep 10, 2021, 8:56:55 PM9/10/21
The MicroVax 3100-10

Crabs

Sep 16, 2021, 11:30:59 AM9/16/21
Rare beast indeed.
I don't remember any of the 3100's that I've owned or have ever seen that had a CDrom drive.
Tape and Floppy, sure.
CD's not so much.

Sorry, can't be of any help, cleaned out all my VAX's years ago, had quite a pile, but no more.

'Crabs

Phillip Helbig (undress to reply)

Sep 16, 2021, 12:11:00 PM9/16/21
In article <59a307cf-b85a-40d5...@googlegroups.com>,
Crabs <to...@frontieranalytical.com> writes:

> I don't remember any of the 3100's that I've owned or have ever seen
> that had a CDrom drive.

Certainly some VAX and VAXstation 4000 systems came with them. 3100s I
don't know, but probably one could hook up an external one (you just
need that special 3100 SCSI cable).

Bob Eager

Sep 16, 2021, 12:56:13 PM9/16/21
On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 16:10:59 +0000, Phillip Helbig (undress to reply)
wrote:
Yup, that's what I've done. The cable is not DEC specific, just fairly
rare.

Phillip Helbig (undress to reply)

Sep 16, 2021, 12:57:32 PM9/16/21
In article <iqhb9bF...@mid.individual.net>, Bob Eager
<news...@eager.cx> writes:

> > Certainly some VAX and VAXstation 4000 systems came with them. 3100s I
> > don't know, but probably one could hook up an external one (you just
> > need that special 3100 SCSI cable).
>
> Yup, that's what I've done. The cable is not DEC specific, just fairly
> rare.

I think that, among DEC hardware, only the VAXstation 3100 has that SCSI
cable.