VR-201s for free

Lee K. Gleason

Feb 7, 2009, 5:35:54 PM2/7/09
I'm once again narrowing the scope of my collection (translation - no room
for
everything anymore). I have six VR-201 monitors to get rid of., three grey
screen and three green.
.
VR-201s were the monitors used on Pro-350, Pro-380, DECmate and Rainbow
PCs from DEC in the 80s. DEC Pro-380s were also used as VAX consoles for
the 8800 series VAXes.

These are in only fair to poor shape - three are in good condition
electronically & screen brightness wise, but at one time were apparently
stored in high humidy, and have what looks like a few fungus spots growing
behind the glass plate in front of the CRT. This is outside the CRT
envelope, and doesn't look to be bonded to the screen front, so a little
disassembly should allow them to clean right up. The other three, one has a
screen burn, one is a little dim, and the last one has not vertical
deflection - these three are probably useful only for parts.

Also available is a PRO-350 system unit, good condition, without disk
drive.

Free for pick up in Houston Texas, near TC Jester & the North Loop.

Lee K. Gleason N5ZMR
Control-G Consultants
lee.g...@comcast.net

will_...@softhome.net

Mar 4, 2009, 2:42:04 PM3/4/09
Hi:
I don't follow this group often, and live in CT so odds are it won't
work,
but I love my Pro 350 and wouldn't mind having a spare if you still
have it
and would consider shipping. Might be prohibitive.

I had a number of Rainbows and Decmates so would love a spare vr201
but not enough to ship. On the Rainbow I've figured out how to
redirect to the come port.
I'm amazed that any of yours still work. Mine all burned out.

Regards, Will

> lee.glea...@comcast.net

pierre

Mar 30, 2009, 12:51:45 PM3/30/09