Celebris GL 5133 ST

phi...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2008, 7:36:32 PM8/10/08
I believe I got the model name right. There's been one of these at my
local goodwill for quite some time now. It's half-off this week, so
it's ~$12. Does anyone have any specs on it?

David Goodwin

Aug 10, 2008, 8:56:17 PM8/10/08

The service manual has an overview of the systems specs on page 9.
They
are essentially a Pentium at 133MHz in a small tower case that can
take ECC RAM
and have the following integrated devices:
ESS1688 audio (SoundBlaster Pro v3.0 compatible)
DEC-21040 Ethernet (10baseT and 10base5)
Adaptec 7850 SCSI controller
Matrox Storm graphics controller
They were standard with 16MB of RAM I think but the one I use for
usenet access has 64MB in it. They can take up to 128MB.

You can get documentation from:
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/legacysupport/digital/celgl5.html
And drivers:
http://h18000.www1.hp.com/legacysupport/digital/epid35.html

phider1

Aug 18, 2008, 9:33:40 PM8/18/08

Thanks. I bought the system, and it works ok but I have a problem:
It didn't come with the key to open the case. Any suggestions on how
to get it open without breaking it?

Also, about 50% of the time when I turn it on, it beeps a bunch and
won't turn on. I think it's 1 beep, then 3 beeps, 4 beeps, and 1 beep
again, all short.